Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-29-2024, 03:00 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10652
Camera's and Blower not working

Rear and side camera's and blower for AC and heat not working. Checked all individual fuses and they are good. Is there a common fuse or power distribution for these components?

Old 02-29-2024, 03:03 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Year/Make/Model of RV might be useful information.
An Aria is a lot different than a Chateau 22.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:09 AM   #3

THOR #10652
Good point. 2015 THOR 29.3 A.C.E
Old 02-29-2024, 01:08 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
You said that you checked the fuses. On my Miramar there are two fuse blocks for the chassis systems. One under the hood and one just under the steering column. Both checked good? I am assuming that when you stated that the blower and a/c are not working it is the chassis/engine system you are referring to and not the coach system heating and A/C just to be clear.

Paul
Old 02-29-2024, 02:13 PM   #5

THOR #10652
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
You said that you checked the fuses. On my Miramar there are two fuse blocks for the chassis systems. One under the hood and one just under the steering column. Both checked good? I am assuming that when you stated that the blower and a/c are not working it is the chassis/engine system you are referring to and not the coach system heating and A/C just to be clear.

Paul
Thanks, I also found the fuses and there is no power coming to them. There is power to the radio and everything works except the cameras. Blower is for the engine system. The power issues may be different problems but since the loss of power to both happened at the same time, I'm leaning towards a common problem. Everything else for the M.H. works.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:51 PM   #6
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar015 View Post
Thanks, I also found the fuses and there is no power coming to them. There is power to the radio and everything works except the cameras. Blower is for the engine system. The power issues may be different problems but since the loss of power to both happened at the same time, I'm leaning towards a common problem. Everything else for the M.H. works.
There is a DC breaker coming from the chassis battery, 100 amp I believe, make sure it is not tripped.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:07 PM   #7

THOR #10652
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
There is a DC breaker coming from the chassis battery, 100 amp I believe, make sure it is not tripped.
Thanks. I actually have 2 100 amp breakers for the coach and 1 in the engine area. They are all set. There is what appears to be a 50 amp fusible link in the battery compartment which I need to check. Part of the problem is trying to determine which 12v DC system feeds these components.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:12 PM   #8
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Thanks. I actually have 2 100 amp breakers for the coach and 1 in the engine area. They are all set. There is what appears to be a 50 amp fusible link in the battery compartment which I need to check. Part of the problem is trying to determine which 12v DC system feeds these components.
Although the radio itself gets its main power from the House batteries, The radio memory, camera multiplexer and cameras, and dash HVAC fan are all powered from the chassis battery.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:17 PM   #9

THOR #10652
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Although the radio itself gets its main power from the House batteries, The radio memory, camera multiplexer and cameras, and dash HVAC fan are all powered from the chassis battery.
That's very helpful. So i can focus on that area and check the 50 amp link to determine if that is or isn't the problem. If it doesn't resolve it, I'll have to see if THOR can provide any help.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:26 PM   #10

Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
THOR #11007
I have a similar if not exact match issue with my 2015 Windsport. Loss of camera feed, dash blower, overhead fans above dash, and power to steps. All breakers and fuses check good. It's intermittent for us and these systems rely on different power source (some chassis battery, some house batteries) - so I suspect a short in a cabling bundle somewhere - "possibly" in the door frame.

I see you're in PA - interestingly enough, this first happened to us in July as we were passing through PA. Passenger in a semi let us know we were cruising down the freeway at 65mph with our steps extended! That should not be possible, yet it was.

We're currently in failure mode, and we start a 3 week trip on Easter. So I've got a month to figure it out and will be watching this thread for ideas other members may have.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:51 PM   #11

Model: Challenger
State: Maryland
THOR #25281
Quote:
Hello, have you taken a voltmeter to the blower motor to make sure it's not getting 12 volts. Check the pin harness going to the blower motor, also if you can try to remove the radio if I remeber the stock radio has inline fuses in it that are behind the dash connected to the radio harness. Good Luck
Old 03-01-2024, 06:09 PM   #12

THOR #11007
Update on mine -
Engaged Mrs. PTS to ground guide while I repositioned unit to where I could level it and start troubleshooting. Cranked it up, and everything was working! Only issue was a beeping (but no code?) on the leveler control panel.

5 minutes later once it's situated? No fans, no blower, no cameras, no power to leveler panel, and steps are locked in extended position. Started it back up and put it in Drive (repeatedly) - steps stayed locked out.

I'm starting to think the solution might require a kilo of "Silly Putty", if you know what I mean.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:27 PM   #13

State: Texas
THOR #31918
Cab area power outage

I have a 2023 Venetian, and the Gramin screen, cameras, power seats, and Sub Level (a blue light) mounted under the dash have all gone out. All of these items worked fine on our trip to FL, and all went out on our return trip.

I checked all breakers and fuses, and nothing is off. Possibly there is another panel I'm not aware of. Surprisingly (maybe I shouldn't be?) the Thor tech on the phone was not of much help. Thanks!
Old 03-05-2024, 07:15 PM   #14

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
THOR #21412
I have a 2014 ACE 30.1 that had similar issues with power up front. I found a black box labeled RV Custom Products 'under the hood' on the firewall that had a bunch of cables coming to it. The box has several chassis to house interconnections in it with fuses. You may find something there. My dash AC fan had a problem in here. Fuse #9 connector P5 in my case. Your mileage may vary.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf fw221_block.pdf (242.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 03-05-2024, 07:56 PM   #15

THOR #11007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytimeyet View Post
I have a 2014 ACE 30.1 that had similar issues with power up front. I found a black box labeled RV Custom Products 'under the hood' on the firewall that had a bunch of cables coming to it. The box has several chassis to house interconnections in it with fuses. You may find something there. My dash AC fan had a problem in here. Fuse #9 connector P5 in my case. Your mileage may vary.

While I'm not in an ACE, that diagram neatly encompasses all my problematic systems. Off to see if I have one (or something similar) that routes all my issues through a single point of failure.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:30 PM   #16
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytimeyet View Post
That would be a BCC (Battery Control Center). Thor stopped using those sometime in the 2015 or 2016 model year.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:58 PM   #17

Model: Ace 30.4
State: Alabama
THOR #15477
Quote:
Rear and side camera's and blower for AC and heat not working. Checked all individual fuses and they are good. Is there a common fuse or power distribution for these components?
IN Use/ Store button must be latched on and Red for radio to work.
With our ACE we checked everything and the In use button wasn’t catching due to low voltage on the house batteries. Check it first.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:59 PM   #18

Model: Ace 30.4
State: Alabama
THOR #15477
Is the radio back up working?
Old 03-06-2024, 08:14 PM   #19

State: California
THOR #30798
In our case, one of the furnaces had errored out and only the bedroom one was working. There is a reset switch on them, accessible from the exterior access panel. It doesn't get cold here so we hadn't actually noticed it before.

That doesn't explain your cameras, but sounds like a DC fuse.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:05 PM   #20

State: Virginia
THOR #18622
I have same my just 2016, make shure the use switch is on