Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-07-2021, 09:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #21325
Locating GVWR Of 2005 Thor Wanderer

Hello, I am a new RV Trailer owner so a complete novice.
I am trying to find the GVWR for a Thor Wanderer toy hauler trailer. I cannot locate a VIN sticker anywhere on this guy. The VIN is stamped onto the trailer tongue that matches the CA Registration. Research shows alot of confusing information on this. The registration has it as a 2005 YR Model. The number on the trailer is 207WTB. I am having trouble connecting the 2005 yr with that model. I do find 2004 on 207TB, which was the year built. It does not include 207WTB. Anybody know difference between the TB and WTB?
Total length 23'
With that said, what I need to know is the Weight of the trailer unloaded and the GVWR of this trailer. Or the location of the VIN sticker, I looked everywhere short of pulling out the Refer, WH, stove, heater and Microwave.
Any suggestions on findng this is appreciated.
thanks

Mark

Old 02-07-2021, 09:53 PM   #2

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
It will normally only be on the sticker on the hitch for a TT or a 5th wheel

Is yours a 5th wheel, the web seems to think so as a description but show a TT

take it and weigh it and then check out the tire rating and axles and you are going to be pretty darn close
Old 02-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
I think the "W" in WTB stands for wanderer but the actual model is simply TB. Regardless, the GVWR is 7700 lbs (7680 actually). The VIN sticker should be on the left/front of the trailer either above the lower clearance light or on the tongue rail. Empty weight? Fictional number even if you could find it. Actual weight? Get it at a truck stop scale.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 05:46 PM   #4

THOR #21325
Thank You!

The sticker is non existant. I did find a similar trailer for sale that had a photo of the sticker. The only difference that i can see other than year is this tt has fiberglas sides. Mine is aluminum. But the GCVW is in the same ballpark that you mentioned.
https://www.rvuniverse.com/listing/f...er-toy-haulers
Thank you!

Mark & Angela
Old 02-08-2021, 06:07 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoble View Post
The sticker is non existant. I did find a similar trailer for sale that had a photo of the sticker. The only difference that i can see other than year is this tt has fiberglas sides. Mine is aluminum. But the GCVW is in the same ballpark that you mentioned.
https://www.rvuniverse.com/listing/f...er-toy-haulers
Thank you!

Mark & Angela
The GVWR (not GCWR - no such thing for a trailer) is based on the axles and tires. You have two 3500 lb axles = 7000 lbs.
Multiplied by 10% (weight on the tongue) = 7700 lbs.

But if the installed tires have a maximum combined weight which is less than the axles you have to use their max as the "base" weight.

In this case maybe 1745 max tire capacity. You may have different tires on it now as it is 16 years old but they should be at least 1745 lbs each.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:04 PM   #6

THOR #21325
Yeah, still learning a new set of acrronyms.
Thank you for the very clear and consice information. With the instructions you provided on how to calculate GVWR I can track down this info for any trailer.

Tags
thor wanderer