Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-02-2021, 10:57 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2021 Thor Omni BH 35
State: Arizona
THOR #7398
Thanks, gonna try it this weekend to see if i can get it to work! I believe I have the connections I need. Fingers crossed!

Old 04-03-2021, 07:38 PM   #22

Model: 2021 Thor Omni BH 35
THOR #7398
Did not work, and I lost power to my antenna. checked fuses and can't seem to get it to work now. Any ideas why I might have lost power?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex55 View Post
Thanks, gonna try it this weekend to see if i can get it to work! I believe I have the connections I need. Fingers crossed!
Old 11-11-2021, 03:27 AM   #23

State: Maryland
THOR #25122
I have the roof diagram from Thor (Magnitude XG32) and was wondering how hard (is it or the secret) to fishing a coax cable back to the bedroom TV and to the cabinet above the theatre seats where I would like reeivers. The diagram shows "satellite backer"as a reinforced area I guess to mount a dish and framing but I cannot tell where voids are after a hole would be drilled.
Old 11-12-2021, 07:48 PM   #24

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezrvz View Post
I have the roof diagram from Thor (Magnitude XG32) and was wondering how hard (is it or the secret) to fishing a coax cable back to the bedroom TV and to the cabinet above the theatre seats where I would like reeivers. The diagram shows "satellite backer"as a reinforced area I guess to mount a dish and framing but I cannot tell where voids are after a hole would be drilled.
I'll try to answer part. When I bought the Omni XG32 it included a satellite antennae already mounted on the roof. Apparently a previous buyer wanted and paid for it, then backed out or the sale otherwise fell through. The coax from the left front of the roof goes to an area just above the A/V cabinet which is above the theater seats. Coax connects to the satellite receiver and HDMI goes out to an HDMI splitter and HDMI cables going to the various TVs. The coax distribution is for the OTA and/or cable TV.

On the roof the coax cable from the satellite is clamped down and sealed with ample lap sealant as is the hole in the roof to the inside. You should have HDMI cables and a splitter in the A/V cabinet that you can use. Now it you want different receivers to different TVs, that's a different issue. My antenna has dual LNBs and output but only 1 is used.

I would think trying to fish through the ceiling would be difficult with the insulation (hopefully it's there), stringers/trusses, etc.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #25

THOR #25122
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
I'll try to answer part. When I bought the Omni XG32 it included a satellite antennae already mounted on the roof. Apparently a previous buyer wanted and paid for it, then backed out or the sale otherwise fell through. The coax from the left front of the roof goes to an area just above the A/V cabinet which is above the theater seats. Coax connects to the satellite receiver and HDMI goes out to an HDMI splitter and HDMI cables going to the various TVs. The coax distribution is for the OTA and/or cable TV.

On the roof the coax cable from the satellite is clamped down and sealed with ample lap sealant as is the hole in the roof to the inside. You should have HDMI cables and a splitter in the A/V cabinet that you can use. Now it you want different receivers to different TVs, that's a different issue. My antenna has dual LNBs and output but only 1 is used.

I would think trying to fish through the ceiling would be difficult with the insulation (hopefully it's there), stringers/trusses, etc.
Thats the $64 question. Every place I call that supports warranty work on the Magnitude (and strangely the ones authorized for Omni do not support Magnitude and vice-versa) claim they need months to do it. I cannot post the diagrams by agreement of downloading, but they show the trusses, side views of foam, TPO thickness etc but not clear where the voids are. After watching the plant assembly videos its obvious its after most things are installed that they place all the external panels. Places that do tour buses and semi trailer sleeper coaches are knocking these things out but they only really have a headliner to deal with. After I traced a lot of HDMI cables running under the truck and then back up through the kitchen I was wondering if thats the path they took. The end cabling is certainly not the cables at the switcher end in the AV cabinet area. I've fished a lot of cable from electrical, phone, fiber, Cat5, coax etc in many tricky places and you are correct in that you need some idea of where the voids are. If I figure out a way to borrow some kind of wall scanner I will knock it out and tell everyone what I find with detailed dimensions.
Old 11-14-2021, 04:22 PM   #26

THOR #22586
Quote:
Thats the $64 question. Every place I call that supports warranty work on the Magnitude (and strangely the ones authorized for Omni do not support Magnitude and vice-versa) claim they need months to do it. I cannot post the diagrams by agreement of downloading, but they show the trusses, side views of foam, TPO thickness etc but not clear where the voids are. After watching the plant assembly videos its obvious its after most things are installed that they place all the external panels. Places that do tour buses and semi trailer sleeper coaches are knocking these things out but they only really have a headliner to deal with. After I traced a lot of HDMI cables running under the truck and then back up through the kitchen I was wondering if thats the path they took. The end cabling is certainly not the cables at the switcher end in the AV cabinet area. I've fished a lot of cable from electrical, phone, fiber, Cat5, coax etc in many tricky places and you are correct in that you need some idea of where the voids are. If I figure out a way to borrow some kind of wall scanner I will knock it out and tell everyone what I find with detailed dimensions.
It trying to find where the mice have been I pulled up the cushion for the aft seat of the dinette and in and amongst the wiring in that compartment is some HDMI cabling. It comes up from the floor, covered by a plastic box, goes to a connecter then aft along the slide wall to under and behind the sink. I haven't attempted to trace beyond that since I'm right now de-pesting the RV. Previously I rolled around on the creeper and couldn't find any HDMI cable but it could be in a shrouded bundle. This week I'll play with a multimeter and see if one end of the cable underneath the dinette is the one with the torn off end. Good luck with your tracking.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 11-15-2021, 01:34 AM   #27

THOR #25122
Quote:
It trying to find where the mice have been I pulled up the cushion for the aft seat of the dinette and in and amongst the wiring in that compartment is some HDMI cabling. It comes up from the floor, covered by a plastic box, goes to a connecter then aft along the slide wall to under and behind the sink. I haven't attempted to trace beyond that since I'm right now de-pesting the RV. Previously I rolled around on the creeper and couldn't find any HDMI cable but it could be in a shrouded bundle. This week I'll play with a multimeter and see if one end of the cable underneath the dinette is the one with the torn off end. Good luck with your tracking.
Yeah when I got the RV new the main 40inch TV didn't work from HDMI switcher. I mistakenly traced from the top over the window trying to find the fault. I had given up after weeks. But ended up under the truck tie wrapping because i saw so many of my camera wires dangling, my propane tank bolts were jingling off (one was missing) and noticed "HDMI" written on a cable going up with a bunch of others through a square hole under the kitchen. When I found the problem there was a $4 male-to-male HDMI coupler that had some kind of substance on it. I replaced that and my main TV worked again with the switcher. That must have been like a 40ft + run so maybe I can find a way to get to the locations creatively. If I put a dual LNB up there I would like to go ahead and run both cables. I need to troll social media for a worker in Elkhart assembly plant
Old 11-17-2021, 05:21 AM   #28

Model: Omni XG32
THOR #24896
We purchased our XG32 used. Apparently, the previous owner removed the HDMI splitter when they removed their satelite receiver. Can someone give me a manufacturer and model number off their HDMI switcher/splitter? TIA!
Old 11-17-2021, 02:09 PM   #29

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockHiker View Post
We purchased our XG32 used. Apparently, the previous owner removed the HDMI splitter when they removed their satelite receiver. Can someone give me a manufacturer and model number off their HDMI switcher/splitter? TIA!
Here is what I use for DirecTV. It is available from Solid Signal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SPLIT4MRV_1.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	34847  
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:01 PM   #30

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockHiker View Post
The OEM splitter on mine is Blackbird 4K pro. The rest of the information is covered up with a velcro strip.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 11-17-2021, 03:46 PM   #31
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Here is what I use for DirecTV. It is available from Solid Signal.
Did you miss the "HDMI"? That's a cable splitter.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 05:04 PM   #32

Model: Hurricane 29m
State: Florida
THOR #25394
I just bought my RV and was trying to get the dish playmaker to work but cannot get a signal on it when I hook it up using the outside hookup on the RV. If I run the cable through the window straight from the play maker it works. Any suggestions?
Old 11-17-2021, 05:23 PM   #33

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdehall1 View Post
I just bought my RV and was trying to get the dish playmaker to work but cannot get a signal on it when I hook it up using the outside hookup on the RV. If I run the cable through the window straight from the play maker it works. Any suggestions?
Thor at least in the Omni/magnitude did not put a connector for a portable satellite use because it was too expensive and would cut into their profit margin. So you have a couple options, run a cable in the window like you have done or add a dedicated connector on the outside and route the cable under and up to a location of your choice.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 11-17-2021, 08:48 PM   #34

THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Did you miss the "HDMI"? That's a cable splitter.
Yep it a RG-6 splitter not an HDMI. My mistake.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:43 PM   #35

THOR #25122
Quote:

I know I am responding to this late but now that de-winterzing is back I am once again trying to get the Dish hooked up on my XG32. So what you're saying is they didn't bother to try and bring the coax in and fish through the roof back through the structure. You are saying the just ran cable across roof and made an entry right above where the rest of the Winegard stuff is.Then just sealed it? I got all the structural diagrams and still don't understand where they marked the "voids" used for previous cabling. Local dealers still act like it would take them months and after the propane tank fiasco I would rather trust my own 40+ years workmanship.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #36

THOR #6411
Quote:
I know I am responding to this late but now that de-winterzing is back I am once again trying to get the Dish hooked up on my XG32. So what you're saying is they didn't bother to try and bring the coax in and fish through the roof back through the structure. You are saying the just ran cable across roof and made an entry right above where the rest of the Winegard stuff is.Then just sealed it? I got all the structural diagrams and still don't understand where they marked the "voids" used for previous cabling. Local dealers still act like it would take them months and after the propane tank fiasco I would rather trust my own 40+ years workmanship.
That is the way my King terrestrial antenna is wired up to the antenna's power-supply. The RG-6 is laid across the roof and sealed down by Dicor. The coax runs from the antenna over to the internal false wall in the entertainment chubby where the antennas power-supply switch is located. It is still holding up well after 7 years.
Old 06-10-2022, 03:50 AM   #37

THOR #25122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
That is the way my King terrestrial antenna is wired up to the antenna's power-supply. The RG-6 is laid across the roof and sealed down by Dicor. The coax runs from the antenna over to the internal false wall in the entertainment chubby where the antennas power-supply switch is located. It is still holding up well after 7 years.
I finally got the Winegard Roadtrip T4 hooked up in the location you mentioned, Had to recrimp some of the hellacious wiring they had behind that wall panel. And now its like the Dish Wally will not use the HDMI cabling in the XG32. If I run HDMI straight to the Axxera TV it works. The bedroom TV HDMI hooked straight to the receiver and "no signal". Firesticks, Roku, work through the in house hdmi distro box but not the Wally. I know the main TV uses more than one cable to get back to the cabinet as from previous posts. Is there some limitation on length or something flaky with these Axxera TVs? I figure remote Dish receivers were designed for mobile homes. Everything else is ready to go and now no display.
Old 06-10-2022, 03:43 PM   #38

THOR #6411
Quote:
I finally got the Winegard Roadtrip T4 hooked up in the location you mentioned, Had to recrimp some of the hellacious wiring they had behind that wall panel. And now its like the Dish Wally will not use the HDMI cabling in the XG32. If I run HDMI straight to the Axxera TV it works. The bedroom TV HDMI hooked straight to the receiver and "no signal". Firesticks, Roku, work through the in house hdmi distro box but not the Wally. I know the main TV uses more than one cable to get back to the cabinet as from previous posts. Is there some limitation on length or something flaky with these Axxera TVs? I figure remote Dish receivers were designed for mobile homes. Everything else is ready to go and now no display.
The coax(RG-6)used from the satellite antenna to the satellite receiver must the a home run; that is, an uninterrupted cable that can carry multiple frequencies in both directions. TV's terrestrial antenna's coax only caries a small band of frequencies from antenna to the TV. The typical problem is there is a splitter to provide the antenna frequencies to individual TV sets ant the same time somewhere in the coax. These splitters have DC electric blocks integral to them.
Any satellite antenna has a low noise, block down converter (LNB) which requires about 6 watt of 12 to 19 volt direct current power from the receiver or a power inserter. To counter the splitter block, a special splitter must be used to allow the DC to pass through.

SO you simply need to find the splitter and replace it with one suitable for use by your antenna/receiver combination. I use DirecTV Green Label Splitters from Solidsignal.com

I use DirecTV with a Slimeline II antenna an a HS-17 receiver. The LNB receives signals from 9 satellites in the 99, 101,and 103 degree orbits simultaneously throughout the K band (18 to 27 GHZ). The receiver selects which of the 9 channel's frequencies are to be sent to it and the block down converter down converts the GHZ frequencies to KHZ and MHZ frequencies that the coax can carry. Coax cannot efficiently carry GHZ frequencies. 4K (UHDTV) requires 2 sat channels on the reverse band. DirecTV sells 21 channel LNB for those that have more than one receiver. The receiver decrypts, decodes and de-multiplexes these frequencies. It then assembles the frequencies into a digital signal suitable for insertion into a coax cable for the TVs. The receiver reserves five more frequency blocks in the coax for its use. There is one frequency block used for control of the LNB and the receivers's clients and to Smart Hub TVs. The other four frequency blocks are sent to the TVs wireless or on the coax. So at any time, there a minimum of 14 frequency blocks being used by the receiver at any time.

Smart Hub TV sets do not need a client to to work with the HS-17 receiver. All other TV and UHDTV sets require a client (coax or wireless).
Old 06-10-2022, 04:27 PM   #39

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
https://www.amazon.com/NAMCIM-Transm...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Almost 5,000 full 5 star reviews. $130.
I'm thinking running cable is like using a typewriter instead of a word processor...unless there's a language barrier between the wireless and whatever.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:05 PM   #40

State: California
THOR #27546
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyeagle View Post
Alex and forum. I have the Magnitude BH35 and have been able to install the Dish Tailgate system using most of the existing cable system in the coach. One thing that everyone needs to realize with this system or any portable satellite system, need power to position the antenna in the small dome that they have. This power is provided by the receiver in the Dish system, through the cable connecting the antenna to the receiver.

So with that, you need to ensure whatever solution you put in, that is allows this DC voltage to ride the coaxial cable, uninterrupted and if you just split the incoming signal at the antenna switch panel in the cabinet of the coach, you have just isolated that DC voltage from the receiver reaching the antenna system.

Here is what I did and I think it works perfectly and allows the original operation of the antenna system to be unchanged. In the cabinet where you have the antenna power and distribution panel, I removed the entire wood panel from the side of the cabinet just to give me more room to work. once you remove that and the antenna power plate, you will find where the cables to the TV's run into this splitter and where the cable from the side of the coach that allows for CATV to come in from the RV park is connected. I disconnected that cable and replace the connections with a T couple found in the links below. This allows me to split the signal, but not isolate it, allowing the DC voltage from the Receiver to still pass to the antenna system. From this T connection, with a male to male F type couple I connected a 6" RG6 cable from the T couple to the connection that was originally used for the Park Cable input. The final male F type connection on the T adapter was connected to a 1meter RG 6 F type TV cable, which then connects to the antenna connection on the Dish Receiver. I did have to drill a hole in the wood panel to pass the cable to the receiver thru the panel, then just reinstalled the panel and power plate in the cabinet.

Links to parts used:

F type coupler: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

F type T Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RG 6 6"Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let me figure out how to get some pictures up here and I will get some pics of the install when I was complete.

The great thing about this is if I want to use the Winegard digital tv antenna booster, to watch local tv I just turn on the power switch on the panel and I have digital TV. If I want to watch RV Park Cable or Dish Network, I turn the power "off" on the antenna plate which will allow either the cable TV from the Parked or Dish to be watched. Nice thing is even if the Dish is on the cable system will not recognize the DC voltage on the cable as the cable system does not look for the voltage on the cable.

Pics attached- sorry have tried to rotate them, without success

Hope this helps
When you reference the splitter are you talking about the back of the switch and also how did you determine which cable was from the outside connection?