Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2022, 03:40 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
2023 ProMaster Super High Roof

2023 ProMaster Super High Roof van could be a Class B game changer. Plus finally new front end.

It should offer RV designers a lot more options to accommodate small young families without having to add a pop-up roof. And also to make Class B more roomy for couples. Timing is good as many are downsizing.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/new-ram-promaster.html

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61341999-836A-4094-A1EF-CC93BFDA60FE.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	36401   Click image for larger version

Name:	E057A511-1885-4475-95C0-3B0B72DD63F2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	36402  

Old 03-09-2022, 04:21 PM   #2

THOR #2121
Information from Stellantis media page (that’s the parent company that owns RAM Trucks) for those interested in more details.

https://media.stellantisnorthamerica...epage.do?mid=1

https://media.stellantisnorthamerica...id=23582&mid=1
Old 03-17-2022, 05:44 PM   #3

THOR #2121
Since fuel economy is all the talk due to high gas prices, the following video may be of interest, particularly the first minute or so.

The RAM representative states that between engine upgrades, 9-speed transmission, and electric power steering, they improved fuel economy by over 9% compared to previous van. If correct, depending on model, load, and driving style, that should represent between 1.5 and 2.0 MPG.

https://youtu.be/1wehCC9ZouI
Old 03-17-2022, 06:29 PM   #4

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
I like the new design and front end, it was long overdue. I am not sure that the extra height actually gains you anything (or at least not me) as I have never worried much about head space in my 2021 Tellaro.
HOWEVER, if they decide to really do some creative engineering like the bed in the Winghamm Oasi ( swings down from the ceiling) ... that could be a real game changer!
I average about 15-18MPH so 1 would agree that a 1.25 - 1.75 MPG increase should be in order.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:50 PM   #5

THOR #2121
Advantages are not limited to headroom for standing upright since average male is 5’-10” tall and females much less, and the vast majority of population falls under H2 ProMaster height of 6’-4”, even after losing a few inches for insulation.

Headroom for a mid-coach drop-down bed that most men can still walk under when raised is an obvious plus, but there are more design options beyond that if H3 is used fully.

For example, a fixed rear platform bed can now be higher so that garage below can accommodate bikes and other larger gear while bed above can provide room to sit. That’s something few can make work in H2. New H3 height should make it easy.

Extra available ceiling height should also make fixed bed over a dinette possible. Similar to Class C bunk over cab seats, the same can be designed at rear of H3 ProMaster (though longitudinal). Sleeping for family of four should be easier without incurring cost, complexity and compromises of pop-up roof additions, or building makeshift beds below. Larger upper cabinets for added storage will be another plus, etc.

Those who don’t need extra volume can select smaller H2 van, but I predict many buyers will buy the extra room offered by Super High Roof (H3). It may be hard to pass on over 50 cubic feet of extra cargo volume.
Old 03-18-2022, 12:00 AM   #6

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
I like it. Going forward I think RV travel due to fuel is only going to get more expensive. We're tallish, and really like having hassle-free multipurpose space. Having a suspended bed that you can actually walk comfortably under. Not needing a toad. A REAL bathroom with a decent shower. The only problem is fresh water capacity for boondocking. Interesting concept!
Old 03-18-2022, 03:13 PM   #7

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Fresh water capacity is an issue in most B-Class RV with the exception being the recon as it has a 40 gallon tank built into the floor. So another advantage could be using the extra height to build in a really large water tank into the floor. Combine that with the rear bath layout (biggest) and now you could have a real boon docking van ... however it still would not be a 4X4
Old 03-18-2022, 09:29 PM   #8

THOR #2121
Below is an example of a European camper van built on Ducato L4H3 size (the largest Ducato). Same L4H3 size ProMaster should be available in North America by end of year according to RAM.

Rápido takes the Dreamer Camper Five floorplan/model to an extreme by designing for young family of up to five by including dual-level beds at both front and rear of van. There are four beds in total. The coach uses drop-down longitudinal double bed over living area and transverse upper bunk over dinette at rear (for children and small adults at 68-1/2 inches long).

It is unnecessarily crowded for my taste since I’d rather see more of space for larger kitchen, bath, and greater storage, but the Rápido design shows how large this L4H3 van is when vertical space is put to work. It’s still a van, but a much roomier one.

https://www.dreamer-van.co.uk/fourgo...camperfive.php

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3798884A-C338-4F6A-BEE3-559E842372C4.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	36494   Click image for larger version

Name:	99A46E5F-E68A-41AD-9C95-236D2B44389F.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	36495