Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2021, 01:56 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
First trip with the EXO

Just came back from the first trip with the EXO. I didn’t expect anything less, but just a report here. It rained all night for the last night and not a drop of water entered the box. On the trip home today we drove through typical Florida down pours and again not a drop in the box.

Sorry I didn’t take a picture of all that was in the box but here is a list:
Weber Q1200 with hose and lodge cast iron griddle. Container (sealed) with sewer extension hose, gloves, soap. Container with Dewalt compressor, batteries, and misc tools. Sewer hose support, and black water flush hose.

There was room to spare but we didn’t need anything else and didn’t see the need to over fill it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EF784365-7F12-415E-90E3-A839B5A53727.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	31349   Click image for larger version

Name:	702B3D44-A501-4AE6-A70D-F53D7E3D42C5.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	31350  

Old 06-14-2021, 03:39 AM   #22

Model: Sequence
State: Utah
THOR #23543
quick question, we have a Thor Sequence, very similar to the Tellaro, and we're looking at the Yakima Exo also. However, I was wondering....with the swing arm in place but the box removed, can you fully open the rear doors? It seems like the pin in the elbow of the swing arm would prevent the door from opening fully. In your picture above, with the swing arm folded up and without cargo box, it seems like the doors would in fact open over the swing arm and the pin. Thanks for any info!
Old 06-14-2021, 11:31 AM   #23

THOR #23123
Made a huge storage purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfharty3 View Post
quick question, we have a Thor Sequence, very similar to the Tellaro, and we're looking at the Yakima Exo also. However, I was wondering....with the swing arm in place but the box removed, can you fully open the rear doors? It seems like the pin in the elbow of the swing arm would prevent the door from opening fully. In your picture above, with the swing arm folded up and without cargo box, it seems like the doors would in fact open over the swing arm and the pin. Thanks for any info!

The drivers side door opens fully, the passenger side opens far enough to pull containers out of the storage area. I did pin the strap to stop any damage if I was to open the door to hard. Here is a picture of the door open. lolClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1296.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	31352

I will take another picture of the storage area tonight.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:37 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Very nice low-profile carrier. It’s a little small at 10 cubic feet, but the length makes it great for longer items like canopy, bike stand, camping chairs, etc. Lack of outside storage is the biggest drawback for us owning a van camper.

It’s also nice that low profile makes it unnecessary to relocate ProMaster van’s license plate.

My main concern is the 100-pound maximum weight limit, and that’s assuming it’s evenly distributed. Unfortunately, most swing arms limit cargo carrying capacity quite a bit, but 100 pounds seems unusually low.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:37 AM   #25

THOR #23123

Name:	IMG_1397.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	31365

Name:	IMG_1399.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	31366Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1400.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	31367

I took some more pictures for you tonight. The locking pin that does get in the way of the door is removable, simply screwed in. I took pictures of the doors open with and without the pin. I’m going to leave it in place as it doesn’t stop me from accessing any of the storage.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:40 AM   #26

THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Very nice low-profile carrier. It’s a little small at 10 cubic feet, but the length makes it great for longer items like canopy, bike stand, camping chairs, etc. Lack of outside storage is the biggest drawback for us owning a van camper.

It’s also nice that low profile makes it unnecessary to relocate ProMaster van’s license plate.

My main concern is the 100-pound maximum weight limit, and that’s assuming it’s evenly distributed. Unfortunately, most swing arms limit cargo carrying capacity quite a bit, but 100 pounds seems unusually low.

I had quite a lot in it and was no where near the 100 pound limit. For me it’s more of a space problem than a weight problem. As far as the 10 cubic feet, Yakima only measured the lower part of the clam-shell. They say it’s only 14.5” tall, which is correct for the bottom half of the carrier. My grill is 15.5” tall and the top clears it by a few inches.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:28 AM   #27

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Thanks for information. Yakima specs show it at 60 long, by 23 wide, by 16 high. I would assume that’s overall outside dimensions.

I’m curious how the plastic box is attached to the two arms. Instructions show box can be removed and arms folded so they don’t stick back adding as much length when not in use, but I can’t see what keeps box from falling off the two arms. What do knobs at end of arms do?
Old 06-20-2021, 11:30 AM   #28

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
As I open tow my Toad (Can-am Ryker) this may not work for me but I do like the clips holding the hose ... any details you can share?
Old 06-21-2021, 01:20 AM   #29

Model: Sequence
State: Utah
THOR #23543
@OldSheepDog thanks very much, this is very helpful! I really like this system and had wondered if the pin was removable.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:48 AM   #30

THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Thanks for information. Yakima specs show it at 60 long, by 23 wide, by 16 high. I would assume that’s overall outside dimensions.

I’m curious how the plastic box is attached to the two arms. Instructions show box can be removed and arms folded so they don’t stick back adding as much length when not in use, but I can’t see what keeps box from falling off the two arms. What do knobs at end of arms do?
Sorry for the delayed response, work is getting in the way of my RV fun. We will be loading the box tomorrow for a weekend trip I will be sure to take pictures. It is very simple to load though. There are two rails on the box that line up with the arms. They slide in and you tighten two knobs.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:51 AM   #31

THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
As I open tow my Toad (Can-am Ryker) this may not work for me but I do like the clips holding the hose ... any details you can share?
Hi Ryker (mom) watch you videos all the time. Sorry about the sink, it has me looking at mine. I have had the clips for a long time, used them on a stand up panel board to secure a cooler. Can’t remember where I bought them, maybe West Marine, anyway here is a close up picture. They are really quite strong once suctioned on.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8F536A18-6036-469F-800B-A01BF28F1EB2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	31583  
Old 06-26-2021, 02:53 AM   #32

THOR #23123
Taking a little weekend trip. Took some pics of how the box attached to the rack, and then my load out of the box.

The first pic is my actually load out, the one with the boxes on their sides is just to give an example of how much room/clearance there is. The boxes are the same ones that fit in the rear storage cubby (thank you RDSK).

The other two are of the box and rack system. Once you extend the arms you can see the slots that the rails slide into. The rails on the bottom of the box slide in and then you turn the knobs to lock it all down.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	115F747B-A8D8-4EDA-A4D6-CBA83FF3CE6F.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	31611   Click image for larger version

Name:	534E0DCF-F0ED-49BF-8F70-C6FB72BE597E.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	31612  

Name:	D4CE3A13-C951-482C-B55B-57D9EFEA6021.jpg