Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2023, 09:46 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #31220
Newbie with winterizing questions

Preparing to winterize, for the first time, my 2022 Thor sequence 20L and I cannot locate the valve for closing off the fresh water tank; nor can I find a winterization port to add antifreeze. Any suggestions/recommendations/guidance? Thanks.

Old 11-04-2023, 11:10 PM   #2

Model: 2022 Tellaro 20L
State: Vermont
THOR #30506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken&Julie View Post
Preparing to winterize, for the first time, my 2022 Thor sequence 20L and I cannot locate the valve for closing off the fresh water tank; nor can I find a winterization port to add antifreeze. Any suggestions/recommendations/guidance? Thanks.
PM me for a pdf on the 20L winterising procedure.

update- just PM'd you with my email

The bypass valve and Truma supply valves are on the driver's side, under the bed's access cover, and the bypass in mine was hidden by the sewer tube storage- see note below about the Truma- don't mess that up!

You have to remove the inner side panel of the pass. side bed compartment that hides the water tank so you can see the shutoff valve aft of the tank., and winterizing riser tee just aft of that.
You need a #2 square drive bit/driver to remove any screws inside the 20L.

Once you find that, you need 1 gal of AF after you blow out the lines- PM me for more- it's pretty detailed. Don't attempt until you get my pdf. The dealer can do, but you should learn how to- not hard, just a lotta steps.

Blow out process should be done at 30 psi.
The Truma does NOT get blown out, or get AF.

pdf is too big to send here- has to go email.
Daily driver: 2021 VW ID4
Mark54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 01:09 AM   #3

THOR #31220
Thanks Mark and Cyndy,

PM'd you with our personal email. Will wait for your pdf before we try this. Many Thanks!
Ken & Julie
Old 11-05-2023, 01:39 AM   #4

THOR #30506
Quote:
Thanks Mark and Cyndy,

PM'd you with our personal email. Will wait for your pdf before we try this. Many Thanks!
Ken & Julie
Gotcha- working up a comperhensive reply- I have to add details about the batteries too. Email me back with details- Lithium batteries? Under Hood Generator? Thanks!!
Old 11-05-2023, 01:48 AM   #5

THOR #31220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark54 View Post
Gotcha- working up a comperhensive reply- I have to add details about the batteries too. Email me back with details- Lithium batteries? Under Hood Generator? Thanks!!
Yes, we have lithium batteries and under hood generator.
Old 11-05-2023, 05:00 PM   #6

THOR #31220
Hey Mark - just wanted to thank you for your guidance. Everything was on point! I was able to find both the antifreeze port and the fresh water shut off valve! I have all the supplies and have read your instructions multiple times. I plan to winterize my rv today. Will let you know how it goes; however, I do not anticipate an issues your guidance materials are extremely clear. Thanks again.
Old 11-05-2023, 06:05 PM   #7

THOR #30506
Quote:
Hey Mark - just wanted to thank you for your guidance. Everything was on point! I was able to find both the antifreeze port and the fresh water shut off valve! I have all the supplies and have read your instructions multiple times. I plan to winterize my rv today. Will let you know how it goes; however, I do not anticipate an issues your guidance materials are extremely clear. Thanks again.
Most welcome- the manual from the dealer is not adequate, so I wanted to make a pdf all Tellaro/Sequence 20L owners could use. I gotta work on the battery systems, which will take some time to compile. Editing takes awhile too, b/c I always miss a detail or two. You have it in text just no pics...

Btw- I used velcro dots to re-attach that panel in the bed compartment, and tossed the screws- then added a Command towel/coat hook upside down on the upper left to pull it out. 1" hole works too...

Also if you look at the pic of the filter (that I removed) you can find or make a bypass connecting to the swivel fittings alongside- See pic- simple toilet hose line w/ two 1/2" female NPT fittings, plus a 1/2" MNPT nipple will do it. (unless you can find one with male on one end and female on the other)
Many overlook this only to have the housing crack and leak after a hard freeze. I'd leave it out.

That will save a lot of AF, and not need a 2nd gallon on hand. Then just use external water filter. That is in there largely for the Truma I suspect.
Keep the pressure regulator (white object on left, below swivel fitting)!! That is needed for the Truma, but I still use an external one of those as well, when hooking up to water at RV sites.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20L water filter.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	44082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8482.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	44083  

Old 11-07-2023, 02:27 PM   #8

THOR #31220
Mark- just a quick update. Completed the winterization yesterday following your steps and everything went smoothly. Also took your advice and added Velcro tabs replacing the screws under the passenger side bed. Will definitely be filing your guidance for future use. Thanks again!
Old 11-07-2023, 02:44 PM   #9

THOR #30506
Quote:
Mark- just a quick update. Completed the winterization yesterday following your steps and everything went smoothly. Also took your advice and added Velcro tabs replacing the screws under the passenger side bed. Will definitely be filing your guidance for future use. Thanks again!
Most welcome- glad it helped! I sent you an email with some more pdfs, in case you have trouble sleeping...
Old 11-07-2023, 05:24 PM   #10

THOR #30506
Another email w/pdf detailing BMPro battery replacement. Cost $12 instead of $800....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8413.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	44102  
Old 11-15-2023, 08:04 PM   #11

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #17465
Quote:
Hello - there is no shut off on the fresh water tank you just simply drain the water from the tank to protect it from freezing. There should be a drain for the tank located by the tank.

Mik
Old 11-15-2023, 08:26 PM   #12

THOR #30506
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowOnCash View Post
Hello - there is no shut off on the fresh water tank you just simply drain the water from the tank to protect it from freezing. There should be a drain for the tank located by the tank.

Mik
Incorrect, the Sequece and Tellaro 20L's have a shutoff valve just downline of the tank.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tank valve.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	44204  
Old 11-20-2023, 08:29 PM   #13

Model: Sequence 20L
State: Michigan
THOR #29979
Could you send the PDF to me too? We are trying to figure out how to winterize our Sequence 20L. We are complete newbies and want to make sure we don’t mess anything up. Hubby called Thor and the steps in our owners manual are not at ALL the same as they told him over the phone��..

Also, not sure how to send DM…thanks.
Old 11-20-2023, 08:32 PM   #14

THOR #30506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehebee View Post
Could you send the PDF to me too? We are trying to figure out how to winterize our Sequence 20L. We are complete newbies and want to make sure we don’t mess anything up. Hubby called Thor and the steps in our owners manual are not at ALL the same as they told him over the phone��..

Also, not sure how to send DM…thanks.
If you click on my avatar or name/profile, it will show a link to send a private message- I'll send you one- should show in your email as well.