Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2021, 12:40 AM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
So are you saying you can take on Mahomes and win ? or Brady?
It depends on the game we're playing.
In a contest of marksmanship: I'd mop the floor with both of them.
From .22 pistols to high-power rifles: I shot expert scorea.
I even did pretty,well with archery tackle also...
But I wouldn't compete against anyone in a contest of speed or strength...

Old 02-04-2021, 10:48 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
It depends on the game we're playing.
In a contest of marksmanship: I'd mop the floor with both of them.
From .22 pistols to high-power rifles: I shot expert scorea.
I even did pretty,well with archery tackle also...
But I wouldn't compete against anyone in a contest of speed or strength...

Impressive. I’ve been working hard at shooting better but progress is slow for this old man.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:56 PM   #23
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Well the OP hasn't been back to the site since he posted that question. I figure he either:

1 - Electrocuted himself trying to troubleshoot the problem
2 - Put batteries in the remote and turned on the TV
3 - Figured out he couldn't really define what his problem was
4 - Figured out it was simple Operator Error and is too embarrased to show his virtual face here again.
5 - Gave up and decided to go to Hooters to see the game.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:00 AM   #24

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
I need to learn to quit falling for an OPs seemingly intriguing question only to learn they may never come back. My outdoor TV is my pride and joy, so it is hard for me rationalize someone with a 29.2 with 3 TVs that apparently had never used the Outdoor TV

I also read a few times that some people cautioned others to not disturb others with their outside TV. Does that really happen? Normally if I am in a crowded RV park, our front patio is facing the back side of someone else's RV. They would have to have some sensitive ears to hear my TV to point that it is disturbing . Now what I do fear is what show I am watching. TV can be a sleaze these days and if you have the TV say Netflix it could be some graphic or nudity showing that may not be appropriate if some nice family or kids happen by our street.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 01:43 AM   #25

THOR #13058
I will say this, that the 27B Windsport that we did not buy did come with a HDMI Switcher inside. So you route the output from various input HDMI sources to various TVs prewired HDMI. But that video feed is usually on the same HDMI input for each TV. If OP had that and has been using but decided he wanted to watch local antenna on outside TV, he would have to walk outside, find the remote, turn TV on and click source until he got TV.

I have a 2 input HDMI Switcher in my rig. We connect one with a Roku Ultra and it streams to all 3 TVs and they show the exact same thing at the same time and audio. It is neat when you are going in and out of RV.

I also have additional Roku on outside TV HDMI 2 in the event my wife wishes to watch something differently inside.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 02-05-2021, 01:57 AM   #26

Model: ACE 30.1
THOR #17950
On my ACE 30.1 I have found that the inside tv must be on to pick up the signal by the outside tv. Try that. Go Bucs!
Old 02-05-2021, 01:58 AM   #27
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I will say this, that the 27B Windsport that we did not buy did come with a HDMI Switcher inside. So you route the output from various input HDMI sources to various TVs prewired HDMI. But that video feed is usually on the same HDMI input for each TV. If OP had that and has been using but decided he wanted to watch local antenna on outside TV, he would have to walk outside, find the remote, turn TV on and click source until he got TV.

I have a 2 input HDMI Switcher in my rig. We connect one with a Roku Ultra and it streams to all 3 TVs and they show the exact same thing at the same time and audio. It is neat when you are going in and out of RV.

I also have additional Roku on outside TV HDMI 2 in the event my wife wishes to watch something differently inside.
An HDMI switcher does not have anything to do with Antenna or CATV inputs to TVs. All he has to do is select Antenna on the TV in question's INPUT menu.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 03:44 AM   #28

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I need to learn to quit falling for an OPs seemingly intriguing question only to learn they may never come back. My outdoor TV is my pride and joy, so it is hard for me rationalize someone with a 29.2 with 3 TVs that apparently had never used the Outdoor TV

I also read a few times that some people cautioned others to not disturb others with their outside TV. Does that really happen? Normally if I am in a crowded RV park, our front patio is facing the back side of someone else's RV. They would have to have some sensitive ears to hear my TV to point that it is disturbing . Now what I do fear is what show I am watching. TV can be a sleaze these days and if you have the TV say Netflix it could be some graphic or nudity showing that may not be appropriate if some nice family or kids happen by our street.
Disturbing the neighbors, & more than I can remember disturbing the entire campground, is definitely a real problem with outdoor tvs!! Also outside stereo speakers......
Typically Sunday afternoon a group gather for the football game, by the second quarter several have had plenty of alcohol, by the end of the 3rd the whole group is drunk & with every minute ticking off the game clock they're getting louder & louder & the language gets worse also. RVs have 2" thick walls so it doesn't matter which side that group is watching from you WILL hear it, especially by half time. We full-timed for 10+ years & I'll say that this has happened at a very high percentage of the campgrounds/park we've stayed in during football season. I'm not against watching tv outside with adult beverages, but please remember that there are other rvers out there trying to enjoy their time also & may or may not care about the football game.
IMHO if you can hear the tv, or the crowd, bet he the perimeter of YOUR awning it's too loud!
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:01 AM   #29

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Well the OP hasn't been back to the site since he posted that question. I figure he either:

1 - Electrocuted himself trying to troubleshoot the problem
2 - Put batteries in the remote and turned on the TV
3 - Figured out he couldn't really define what his problem was
4 - Figured out it was simple Operator Error and is too embarrased to show his virtual face here again.
5 - Gave up and decided to go to Hooters to see the game.
LOL. those are pretty good.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:45 AM   #30

THOR #13058
Quote:
An HDMI switcher does not have anything to do with Antenna or CATV inputs to TVs. All he has to do is select Antenna on the TV in questions INPUT menu.
Yes strictly HDMI, but based on wording of his question the OP'er may not have known that?

He had perspective he needed to Switch from inside..... Just saying that one model Thor I looked at had a HDMI Switcher.

Hard to guess what he was thinking, but theoretically his TV could have been on a Switcher and it didn't necessarily have to be all HDMI? It could be a coax run as well. I was also trying to say that if he did have switcher (HDMI) then if he was just wanted to use the antenna to go to TV source using the remote.
Old 02-05-2021, 05:15 AM   #31

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Disturbing the neighbors, & more than I can remember disturbing the entire campground, is definitely a real problem with outdoor tvs!! Also outside stereo speakers......
Typically Sunday afternoon a group gather for the football game, by the second quarter several have had plenty of alcohol, by the end of the 3rd the whole group is drunk & with every minute ticking off the game clock they're getting louder & louder & the language gets worse also. RVs have 2" thick walls so it doesn't matter which side that group is watching from you WILL hear it, especially by half time. We full-timed for 10+ years & I'll say that this has happened at a very high percentage of the campgrounds/park we've stayed in during football season. I'm not against watching tv outside with adult beverages, but please remember that there are other rvers out there trying to enjoy their time also & may or may not care about the football game.
IMHO if you can hear the tv, or the crowd, bet he the perimeter of YOUR awning it's too loud!
Wow, have you ever live or spend time at a Marina? I guess each Marina can have it's own rules but all I have seen have all kinds of things going on at various slips throughout the Marina, then to add the Marina themselves will have bands playing loud music throughout the night that just carries across the lakes.

We come nowhere near fulltime, so we don't see all that you do. In fact as I think, it has been rare that we actually had a campsite where someone was actually next to us. About the only things I can think of thus far from neighbors at a RV Park that annoys us is below.

#1 Fire Smoke - It never fails the smoke always seems to blow toward our site They were 2 or 3 sites away and the smoke was still strong. We actually moved to a different site once versus complain. They seem to be having a good time. If I had started a fire, I would really hate it if someone complained about it.

#2 Loose Dogs - We love people having Pets, but the reality is we don't want someone's dog running up to our table and it doesn't matter how friendly the owner say it is. While all RV Parks we go to have Leash rules, I don't think we have ever camped where there was not one or two dog owners that felt their pet was special. To be fair in most of those cases those pets were well behaved, but it was annoying anyway because you were waiting for something to happen. Somebody may say, call the Park Ranger, but we just don't do that. We will leave though as my wife and I are Conflict Avoidalist

#3 RVers driving their toads the wrong way so the lights will shine through the front of the coach We don't toad, so maybe we are just jealous but some parks are laid out nicely with the pull throughs. We always try to get a site like that and it works great; until some one takes a short cut thinking they are going to save 30 secs
Old 02-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #32

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
My #1 HDMI has Antenna, Satalite, DVD inputs

#2 HDMI selects the three front TV's

Bedroom TV is completely separate

TV are set for HDMI input
Quote:
An HDMI switcher does not have anything to do with Antenna or CATV inputs to TVs. All he has to do is select Antenna on the TV in question's INPUT menu.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:48 PM   #33
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Impressive. I’ve been working hard at shooting better but progress is slow for this old man.
What style of shooting: Bullseye, or combat?
There are a couple of basic foundations that need to be laid down:
Stance
Breathing
sight alignment
Trigger control
It's a matter of figuring out how to make these as good as you can...
Now you're into simple problem-solving.
You make a change based upon what is happening, and you see how that change affects the results.
PM me, and I'll be happy to kick it around with you more!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:41 PM   #34

Model: ACE 30.3
THOR #10883
Possibly remote

I have three tvs in my unit. They all have manual buttons on the bottom edge. None of these switches work. The darn things have to be operated with the remote.