Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-02-2022, 03:37 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: California
THOR #25900
Furnace

Our furnace worked fine on our 2018 29fe until we really needed it, of course. I wasn’t getting any hot air. Fan turns on and only cold air. I opened up the compartment and cleaned off the sail switch which had some dust on it. Seems to blow some warm air now. The issue now is that the furnace will fire for only seconds at a time, less than 10 seconds, and then shut off and the fan continues to run. Any thoughts on what the issue could be? Thanks

Old 04-02-2022, 04:10 AM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
People often report that the furnace main control circuit board has been damaged/shorted by corrosion from water. This happens from water getting in from the outside. Pull the cover on the outside and check that.
Old 04-02-2022, 09:36 AM   #3

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrick View Post
Our furnace worked fine on our 2018 29fe until we really needed it, of course. I wasn’t getting any hot air. Fan turns on and only cold air. I opened up the compartment and cleaned off the sail switch which had some dust on it. Seems to blow some warm air now. The issue now is that the furnace will fire for only seconds at a time, less than 10 seconds, and then shut off and the fan continues to run. Any thoughts on what the issue could be? Thanks
This problem can be caused by low propane pressure/supply. First thing to do is get the tank full and then during the day when the weather is warm try the furnace and see if it stays fired up. We had this problem in January when the weather was about 25 degrees. When it is that cold the propane pressure will drop. Even through the stove and water heater worked the furnace would fire up for a few seconds and then the burner would die leaving only cold air to blow. The furnace needs a higher volume of propane to work than the stove or water heater. I suspect we need to adjust the regulator to 11 inches of water with the furnace on but have not done that yet. When the outside temp warmed up the furnace worked again. I believe in our case if the tank had been full the furnace would have worked.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote