Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2022, 08:39 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arizona
THOR #28014
Multiplex control panel

Just purchased a 2020 Windsport r34 from camping world in Madison Wisconsin. From day one virtually every electrical device controlled by this panel turns off, all at the same time, without warning. There is no pattern, or common denominator associated with theses outages. Coach was picked up on Sept 25th and since then we have experienced a total of 13 plus power outages. Any help on how to deal with this, or any similar problems? I am at wits end.

Old 09-24-2022, 01:19 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
I'll start. Hopefully better answers will follow. First, do you have a time machine? Today is the 23rd of September and you say you just purchased and picked it up on September 25th. I'm confused.

Have you talked to the dealer? That particular chain has been much discussed here about dissatisfaction with service. Just don't fall for the promise of leave your coach and they will call you when it's ready. You'll lose weeks or even months.

Not sure which panel you meant. Do you mean just the 12 volt, just the 110 volt, or both? Is it the same under generator power?

Maybe your Use/Store switch is shorting on you. Do you hear a click when things shut off? Does power return without having to reset breakers?

BTW, please correct your user cp, you are no longer looking, or maybe after this you will be!
Old 09-24-2022, 01:09 PM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Mr Sunshine provided a good suggestion regarding the Use / Store Switch and Relay that controls the 12V to the Multiplex System.

I have a '20 Magnitude SV34 with the Firefly System and I had issues with the control of the two A/C units a few months after I bought the coach in 2019. Sometimes the A/C's worked fine. Then either the compressors would run but the fans would not or the fans would run but the compressors would not turn on when calling for A/C. If I turned off the 12V to reboot the system, it would start working normally for a bit but then then the problem would return.

I did some troubleshooting with Firefly directly and they determined I had a bad G7 Mainboard. I gave that information to my dealer and they replaced the G7 board under warranty and it has been fine since.

The fact that all of your 12V appliances shut off at once would make me start looking at the incoming 12V to the mainboard. If the 12V supply to the board is interrupted, then all of the Firefly controlled devices would shut down.

Besides looking at the Use/ Store switch and relay, I would look at the 12V cables going into the mainboard. There is a red (+) and black (-) cable to the board and you should check to make sure the connections are tight (shut down the 12V before getting a wrench in there so you don't accidentally short something to ground and make your problems worse).

There are also a series of wires and connectors that plug into the mainboard. I would make sure each of them is seated in place and tight. If you go to the Thor Owners Site you can download the schematics and see which connectors and wires control each system. There is also a schematic on the mainboard cover if you have the same system as I do.

If it is the Firefly system, their technical support is very good. I would call them once you check all of the basic items if you don't find anything. Tell them what is going on and they can help you do a deeper dive trying to trouble shoot the issue.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:19 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 33X
State: Washington
THOR #31130
Having the exact same issue in our 2020 Hurricane 33x. Did you ever get this resolved?