Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2023, 04:24 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Class C Model 29G
State: Louisiana
THOR #15604
Water pump access

I have a 2018 Thor Four Winds Class C model 29G. What is the easiest way to access the water pump to the fresh water system?

Old 07-01-2023, 01:15 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Two likely locations... under the kitchen sink area (take out kitchen drawers), or under the bed (plywood panel under mattress).

Turn on a faucet and follow the sound...
Old 07-01-2023, 01:16 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 31W
State: Rhode Island
THOR #19146
I'm not sure about your floor plan, but in my 2019 Chateau 31W the pump is located under the bed in the rear of the unit. As it comes from the factory, the only way to access the pump is to remove the mattress and then remove some screws so that the panel(s) that serve dual duty as a mattress support/equipment access panel can be pivoted and/or lifted out of the way.

Just before taking a trip to Florida at the beginning of the month, I decided to make a modification to end this incredibly inconvenient nonsense. I cut out a section of the non-structural paneling on the side of the enclosure and made a somewhat crude but effective door that changed access to the pump area from something that was miserable (especially when working single-handedly) to something that is now extremely convenient.

While I was in a fix-it mood, I also removed and bypassed the water filter that was located under the bed in the immediate vicinity of the power center—yet another example of less-than-brilliant Thor engineering. It was always impossible to change/remove/reinstall the filter cartridge without spilling water or RV antifreeze everywhere. I now rely on an external filter that I attach to the potable water inlet when using "shore water" rather than my on-board supply.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4918.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	42628   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4919.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	42629  

Old 07-01-2023, 02:59 PM   #4

State: Texas
THOR #24216
Ours is under the wardrobe in the bedroom at the back of the coach (Class C Quantum KW29). It’s between the fresh water tank drain (red handle) and the water filter, right of the tankless water heater. Accessed by removing a panel with four screws on the bottom left of the wardrobe and removing drawers as needed. It’s a reach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	42630  
Old 10-21-2023, 10:41 PM   #5

State: Kentucky
THOR #31095
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisoldman View Post
I'm not sure about your floor plan, but in my 2019 Chateau 31W the pump is located under the bed in the rear of the unit. As it comes from the factory, the only way to access the pump is to remove the mattress and then remove some screws so that the panel(s) that serve dual duty as a mattress support/equipment access panel can be pivoted and/or lifted out of the way.

Just before taking a trip to Florida at the beginning of the month, I decided to make a modification to end this incredibly inconvenient nonsense. I cut out a section of the non-structural paneling on the side of the enclosure and made a somewhat crude but effective door that changed access to the pump area from something that was miserable (especially when working single-handedly) to something that is now extremely convenient.

While I was in a fix-it mood, I also removed and bypassed the water filter that was located under the bed in the immediate vicinity of the power center—yet another example of less-than-brilliant Thor engineering. It was always impossible to change/remove/reinstall the filter cartridge without spilling water or RV antifreeze everywhere. I now rely on an external filter that I attach to the potable water inlet when using "shore water" rather than my on-board supply.
I believe I will do the same, where did you put the mattress before you upgraded?
Old 10-22-2023, 06:40 PM   #6

Model: Chateau 31W
State: Rhode Island
THOR #19146
Hyden, I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you ask where I put the mattress before I upgraded. Assuming you mean while I was performing the upgrade, my wife and I lifted the mattress from the platform and laid it on the floor on edge longitudinally toward the front of the coach so it wouldn't be in my way while I worked. When I finished fashioning the door and bypassing the water filter I reattached the mattress support/equipment access panel, then we picked it the mattress and put it back on the platform.