Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #9
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy
As for why the 25.2... the size of the bathroom is a bonus not a requirement. It actually has a larger shower stall than our Hurricane and there is more cupboard space also.
The real issue is the rear bed accessible from both side, admittedtly tight but accessible none the less. My wife and I like to sleep together, separate beds sounds depressing to us. also if the bed in the 24.1 is set up as a king, it is difficult to crawl out at night for a pottie break not to mention how do you make the bed with the room a full mattress and not in single bed format. We also use a 12 volts mattress warmer. In a dual bed config I would need 2, more power draw whilst boondocking. It all boils down to personal preference I guess. Personally I wouldn't mind the 24.1 bed arrangement and would benefit of a 1 foot shorter rig BUT the missus has her heart set on an island bed.

Larry and Annie
Perfectly reasonable reasoning..I was just curious.

Making up the bed(s) as a king: we always make it up as a king. Use 2 fitted sheets for each "side" and then a top king sheet and blanket. Making a potty break in the middle of the night isn't too bad but yes you have to crawl over everything to get to the bathroom door (instead of just stepping off the bed to the side like you would in the 25.2).

I doubt you'd even notice the 1ft length difference between the two whilst driving. They are so small to begin with (compared to most other MHs on the road).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum