Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 02:55 AM   #5
Muggs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
I went with the roadmaster because of the RTC function. It did help. One observation from wife was going to and from race track. Heading to track I was always correcting after unit sat for a week or 2. Coming home, much smoother with less correction on same route.

Either I was getting used to unit or factory damper needed exercising to work good. When I put the roadmaster damper on it was like 2nd part all the time. The factory damper did seem to have movement without damping unit I pushed plunger in and out a few times. The roadmaster did not have this.

Now over 11,000 miles later, it handles fine. Looking at front tire wear, the original crown on tire is now flat. Before adding damper I had tried 80 PSI in front tires. High pressure and relatively new tires made unit real skittish. I actually stopped and dropped 5 PSI hot of each front and it was better for that trip. I now run 76 and 78 all of the time.

I am planning on adding hellwig sway bars to dampen semi truck effects and reduce wind steer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum