Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New to forum
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #8
Tearstone

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
Welcome to the site. I have a 2017 34.4 Miramar and just passed the 2500 mile mark on the clock.

The first thing to do is get a front end alignment. I was whipped after driving mine about 100 miles. I found out that the wheels were towed out by 26mm. Make that as your first todo: item. This alone made a night and day difference. Also if you want this to be covered by Thor, be sure that it is well documented! They pushed back on me and I just didn't bother fighting it.

As far as the CHF, on mine at least it cannot be done without extending the linkage. Also, something that I read early on about the CHF that concerns me is that some people were saying that it makes the front suspension so tight it puts your front windshield at risk. After driving over I-20 through Shreveport recently, I'm glad that my suspension is still stock there.

After some careful thought and consideration, my next modification is to get a front steering stablizer such as the Safe-T-Plus. Driving on the interstate, semi trucks will still blow me away as they begin their pass and suck me back in after they pass. While I've gotten accustomed to anticipating this while sitting in the right lane, I've gotten surprised when my mind starts wandering as if I was driving a car.

As for sway, I would tighten up the rear end by either extending the linkage to do the CHF or replace the sway bar with an upgraded one.
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum