Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 02:26 PM   #5
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
I'm going to screw that loose piece of dashboard (the wood square cutout is 14x14) to a 16x16 piece of SS metal. The metal will slide underneath the right and top side of the dash real nicely and then I will use 4 screws to screw that metal piece. I have an extra piece of that NICOR sound-deadening that's real thin but heavy I'm going to lay that on top and put the computer desk back it won't be a trapdoor but I only have to remove 4 screws to access which is fine by me. I think the battery is easier to access through the dash when you're in a cold winter situation like us North States 4 more inches snow today. Nice to be inside the rig out of the elements. Also am leaving a pigtail for a small solar panel to put in my windshield as a trickle charger. I will post pictures in a few days of the reinstall with the metal. Safe Rving everyone!
So far so good! I added the quick plug-in lead to the new battery to connect a trickle charger easily. You should also look at using the proper flex ties to lift up the two black vent hoses so they don't lay directly on top of the battery. Good job.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum