Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #14
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by micd View Post
Jamie,
You also have to consider that yours was one of the first built so may have had the designer/engineer overseeing the build procedure to produce the show unit and isn't representative of a line built one that we are seeing now.
Yes that is correct: The Axis/Vegas line started in late 2013 and ours was built around late Dec 13 so yeah it could have been meticulously built.

I'm a little doubtful of that, however, after disassembling things here and there:
  • We don't have an outside TV, but the outlet for one is laying on the floor below the kitchen drawers
  • When I disassembled the bathroom cabinet (long story LOL) there was so much sawdust there it was burying the water pipes
  • I've found a switch box near the furnace just hanging by the 120V wires
  • The center dash piece is held on by only 3 of the four bolts
  • The passenger window leaked into the wall
If that is "good" quality...hmmm

(We do love the unit, however LOL )

Yes I did say no problems: No problems when we picked it up at the dealer. The above list is things I've found in the past 4 years (most of them found after the 1 year warranty was up--most notably the window leak). Our first year of camping with it was trouble free.

The Axis is our 4th RV (2 TT's, 1 5er and the Axis), all of them had quality issues..kind of comes with the territory these days (and all of them had mods--best part of RV'ing making it yours).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum