Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #9
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I believe I have my plan for the Challenger:

First, I am going to take a decibel reading with the coach parked in the driveway and the engine idling. This will be done before the installation of any additional sound deadening material with the decibel meter (iPhone app) sitting in the tray on the engine cover.

Next I am going to use Fatmat or another hood liner to provide additional insulation in the engine cover (held on by four screws), the underside of the dash, accessible trough the front of the engine compartment). I will also stuff some Fatmat or other insulation in the A Pillar tubes. I will tape the ends of the A pillars and any joints in the Fatmat with HVAC specific aluminum foil duct tape (already have a roll from another project).

After this step I am going to conduct two more sound readings. One will determine if the above has made any difference and the second to get a sound reading while travelling on the next trip.

After the above, I am considering going all out with Dynamat to sound proof the underneath of the floor pans on the sides of the engine and the battery compartment. By doing these two areas it will cover the floor where the driver and passenger sit as well as approximately 2 feet behind them from side to side in the coach.

Overall I believe the project will take until the end of July to complete. I have to work this into the schedule with home and rental property related projects.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum