Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 05:47 PM   #25
TomAndLindaRogers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Minnesota
THOR #7948
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
LOL I understand the appeal of the full wall slide and know there are a lot of people on here with them (Just look at the "Jerry's Hurricane Mods" thread..all those happy 29M owners--a lot of them must be built correctly).

I like slides, just those look like too much to me: One entire side of the RV moving, many of those have sinks, ovens, etc. in the slide--a lot of plumbing that moves around. Just seems like a lot to me and I love slides; they are a great solution for getting more room in an RV and still have something that can go down the road. Since I still have the Hurricane page up a floorplan more like the 31S appeals to me: Only couch, dinette in one slide, and bed in the other--no plumbing, no gas, just wires have to move (or the ACE 30.3).

Look at the Axis/Vegas 25.6: That is a less complicated full wall slide as the kitchen is on the fixed side of the unit (although that unit suffers the same problem that the 27.7 has: very little exterior storage).

Everyone has their own wants, and desires--if they didn't we'd all have the same floorplan and there would be 1 RV model. Was just with a family member at our local RV show purchasing a 22 ft class B. A much smaller RV than even our 24.1. It is a really slick machine with some very innovative ways to make use of the small space. RVs are all pretty cool from 10ft up to 40+ft .
As someone who has purchased a full wall slide motor home, I want to thank the people that have pointed out the pit falls of owning full wall slides. Before buying our Hurricane we considered each of these concerns. After talking to owners of full wall slides, we decided the benefits outweighed the possible problems. I don’t think I would have understood these potential problems if my only source of information would have been the salesperson. Now that I own a full wall slide I continue to rely on the forum to keep me informed on the proper use and maintenance of the slide. To me, Jamie has pointed out that if you opt to buy a full wall slide you had better be ready and able to provide extra scrutiny to the use, inspection, and maintenance of the slide.

The beauty of this forum is the diversity of opinions of its members. Thank you, Jamie, and please keep posting.

Tom

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum