Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
Infinityrver

Brand: Still Looking
State: Indiana
THOR #234
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhewitt View Post
Good advice Lloyd. No, we actually went directly through a wholesaler in Elkhart, IN. We've really enjoyed the experience with our sales rep so far. Hoping the rest of the experience goes as well. We also have been in contact with their WI factory rep. Seems like a great guy also. I have been in contact with the both of them throughout this entire process. My husband is really good at handling tough situations and has already given me the "be prepared to walk away if needed" speech. I doubt very much it will come to that as these people seem to know what they're doing and seem reputable. We take folks at their word, so that's how we will go into this until they prove to be different.
Sounds like Great Lakes RV Center to me. My wife and I purchased our unit from them. The sales people that we dealt with were great to talk with. The salesmen walks you through the unit prior to you handing over the check. Once you purchase the unit, the service tech takes over and does oriantation of the unit. The tech was able to discuss in detail what he knew. When he didn't know something it was awkward.
We had seen these units at a Tampa show in January 2012. Actually looked at many brands and made a decision from there.
We were looking for rear living and painted this color (in avatar pic.).
We were told (from salesman) that we could stay on site and plug in and check everything out. If something was wrong we could get it fixed the next day.
Well, during the tech oriantation he tells us that they don't have more than 110 volts to plug into outside. It was 87 degrees on March 20, 2012 in Elkhart, IN. We needed to run the air and other electrical items. We had not made any arrangements with a campground due to what we had previously discussed with our salesmen. So, this didn't set well.
The advertising stickers were not peeled off. The unit was not cleaned in or out. The old bag that owns the place was more concerned about getting our picture beside the unit then what our concerns were. They knew when we were arriving. I gave then 10 days in advance. Then checked with them before we took the 17 hour drive to pick it up.
There were other things that I'm not even going to mention. THEY SUCK!

2012 Infinity 3850RL
2011 Ford F-350 FX4 6.7 Diesel
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum