Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 06:04 PM   #30
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Turn fridge to "auto" make sure propane supply opened & forget it.
Of all the rvs on the road with rv absorption fridges (those with residential fridges don't count) I'd bet there's maybe 1 in a 100 that aren't running the fridge on propane while traveling, which is exactly what it was designed to do.
I AGREE. The little flame from Propane on my 2017 Vegas is TOTALLY enclosed unlike my previous RV that was a little less than fully closed. It must be getting oxygen from somewhere however. I am not concerned, even at gas stations, unless I can smell gasoline fumes in the air.

Also, I see no reason to ever run the absorption fridge on anything but gas because the usage is so low. The flame is about the same as the older home hot water heaters that were typically placed commonly in the garage!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum