Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #1
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Finally got a survey from Thor- My response...

Hahaha. (No, that wasn't my response. I'll paste what I wrote in my survey below.)

Quote:
I have been in the auto industry for 4 decades. I have owned and/or worked on everything from cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, aircraft, RV's to Indy race cars. This Thor Vegas is the most poorly assembled vehicle I have ever encountered in my entire life.

I have never seen such horrific work done in the building of anything, even residential home construction. I already have hundreds of hours invested in this Thor RV just making sure it's not going to start on fire, fall apart or simply fail to operate as we're driving it down the road. Completely inexcusable and frankly hugely disappointing in regards to our American workforce. Having the RV built in China would have resulted in a better built product by far.

I will give ONE example of hundreds... The 30 amp 110 volt lines running under the coach were routed between the frame and rear wheels, laying on top of the leaf springs and were rubbing on the tire. Having those harnesses short out or get wrapped around the rear wheels while we're driving could have been tragic, if not deadly.

That's just one little example of what an experienced owner has had to deal with on a brand new coach. Inexcusable, disappointing and downright negligent on Thor's part.

Does anyone really think it's gonna do anything? I doubt it. They're making money building these things the way they are. The people building them are making money, the dealers are making money and Thor is selling RV's as fast as they can make them. There is no more pride. No more company loyalty. No more simply wanting to do the right thing. It's ALL about money, nothing else.

Like I mentioned in my comment to them, it's disappointing and sad. If this is what America is evolving into, we're screwed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum