Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #35
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
Good points

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
when not on generator or shore power, sure, your fridge will work just fine off the Inverter, which is exactly what the inverter is designed for - to use the battery power when you have no external incoming power.

The inverter simply provides regular 120v power to some/all outlets within your coach, nothing that doesn't 'plug in' to an outlet receives power from the inverter, those other items like air conditioners and electric water heater get their power only when you have generator or shore power.

While driving, the vehicle's Alternator provides some charging to the batteries...
When parked, the generator or shore power provides charging to the batteries...
otherwise, the Inverter does it's job and sends battery power to your 120v outlets, for the fridge and anything else that the Inverter is wired to power. Some coaches have only the fridge on the inverter, some have additional outlets, and some have ALL outlets, like ours.
You bring up a very good point: Why don't the RV manuals for each particular RV setup, tell you if the fridge is powered by the inverter circuit or where to install an added inverter (like I did) so that it can be used to power the refrigerator circuit. I added a true sine wave inverter to my Vegas 25.2 so that I could watch TV without shore power and have a couple of outlets available for misc needs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum