Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:35 AM   #71
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
[QUOTE=Chan

I’ve always thought it would be far better for Ford to offer a second alternator option (or at least its bracket) from the factory instead of these aftermarket companies designing their own.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your statement. The truck manufacturers have the knowledge and experience to do this properly. The RV industry seems to use "practical" knowledge to design their system without a thorough testing process to go along with it. Then they let the RV owners deal with the consequences just hoping that the new owner does not come back in the warranty period.

Of course, this is why we get such a large bang for the buck in RVs. I do not know how they could ever improve on the margins they must work with.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum