Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 07:58 PM   #7
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
I appreciate all the replies - I will buy a 75 ft. 30 amp extension cord to pair with the RV shore power cord, which should be sufficient for reach and power purposes. I'll be stingy with usage and not run things at the same time.

Also, I'm going through RVShare and the owner has provided 7 free hours of generator use at night. I am assuming generator usage is independent of power supply usage? But again, this stuff is new to me.

you don't need an expensive 30amp cord as you will not have 30amp service at the festival... only buy the size you need, and the adapter. You are renting the coach, and you'll have no use for a 30amp cord when you return, but a regular 20amp extension cord may be quite useful in the future.

generator usage is only if you have no access to 120v outside power and need to run things while 'dry camping'(no electricity available)... though you probably won't, so don't worry about the generator. If you DO need to crank it and use it, 7 hours may not seem like a lot, but most folks don't run one 24/7 anyway, only to charge the house batteries for your 12v lights and fans, etc., and maybe even a TV, since they run off the batteries.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum