Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 04:40 PM   #9
sporte77

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 28z
State: Washington
THOR #2161
Thanks for the replies. I just want to know if anyone knows the 8000 lb hitch brand and part number that Thor is putting on the newer class C . When I first called & simply asked a Thor parts guy about it, he told me it was cequent/Reese number 360231. He also said they just changed the sticker on the one for Thor & it was identical to the old one. When I looked it up, it was nowhere on the Internet. So I called back and the next Thor parts lady I spoke to gave me a hassle and just couldn't fathom why I'd want to put a hitch on my rig bigger than 5k. She just didn't get why I'd want to use my up to 7500lbs of towing (22k-14.5k=7.5k). She simply said I can't help you or give out the number- go to your dealer.

With all that said - I always follow the rules. I even bought rickson wheels & tires for my previous F350 w/camper just to make sure I was legal. So before I go slapping a class 4 hitch on there - I'll inspect a 2015 & 2016 28z's frame rails to see if they are different. Doubtful. I know a welder who can weld a hitch and rails on. Plus torklift can do it.
However- if anyone can give me the actual manufacturer & part number that bolts on - I'd appreciate it.
The existing width of rails are 42" wide ~ that may narrow down our search.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum