Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 38RSSA talk
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:42 PM   #3
DBL Z

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSSA
State: Nevada
THOR #1937
The Dbl Z...Outfitting, Upgrades, and Drama!...

We've been full time'n fer over 12 years in a HR Imperial 40' DBL slide DP. We spent the first year and a half get'n the coach ready for full time use!...I'm talk'n dealer and Monaco service center warranty for the most part!... But that's another story!...Anyway!...

This is our first 5th wheel. We picked the 38RSSA and had it delivered to our spot as we had nothing to pull it with....

It's still, A work in progress! So I thought I'd share our outfitting, upgrades, and Drama associated with it!

Installed prior to delivery were the
Maxxair covers, Winegard Trav'ler, and Direct TV.

We've been using the Sewer Solutions in the DP for most of those years without any problems!...And it's a clean set-up! Sewer Solution - Valterra SS01 - Drain & Flush Systems - Camping World

So that's what I'm using on the 5'er!...Note: The plumbing is different than the DP! (looks like 2 90* fittings, (maybe 3)) on the drain line. you can and will plug the tank if you don't make sure the black tank flush is running clean and free at the end. There is a technic that MUST be followed to use the solutions on DRV units!....And I'll be happy to explain it if there is any interest!...Moving on..

Wilson DT4g Cell booster...I mounted the booster antenna to the TV power antenna, (making it directional) and have 3 plus bars where I didn't have AT&T or Verizon in the past where we winter.

I think the only bed worst than the stock DRV bed is a sleep number!...then again! So out with that POS! And in with the...Tempur-pedic King

We outfitted the kitchen with electric must haves!
Dometic Ice maker
Keurig Vue Coffee maker
Electric Skillet
Slow Cooker
Oster Belgian waffle maker
Egg Cooker
Rice Cooker/steamer

FoodSaver http://www.foodsaver.com/vacuum-sealers/foodsaver-v3860-vacuum-sealer/T000-18003.html#start=9

And a T-fal OptiGrill T-fal OptiGrill
This thing is freak'n Awesome!!!

Going back outside and in the final stretch of this story, this pic shows a couple things!... First is the Storage containers! Airtight, watertight, and bugtight! These are just great storage containers for everything!

Gamma Storage containers Outback Collection of Gamma2 Air Tight Pet Food Containers

...And the portable R/O system. Back in 2004 we went to Quartzsite AZ to winter. We had a popular 3 filter filtration set-up that worked fine for where we'd been--OR/WA-- breaking in the DP. But hooking up to that AZ water was a real eye opener!....It barely took a week before we were R/O converts!... The water is so bad you dare not drink it, so mineralized, water spots are like instant concrete, and after a shower you itch and feel..well!...not clean!
The DP had a Full System Automatic R/O installed before I took my next shower!

So when our new 5'er was set and leveled, The first thing to do was set-up the R/O! What little water was in the tank was used to flush the toilet, and the only water hooked up to fill the tank happened the next day!

I did this one a little different than the DP... I added two pre-filters... before the R/O bank. But what I have here in the box is the system...Low pressure switch, High pressure pump, transformer & float switch, (not in the box yet! ), and filters.

Not installed in the tank yet, I had to feed a line through the vent hole to fill it!

The R/O waste line is plumbed into the drain pipe.

So now! wherever we go! All water is treated equal! It goes through these filter or it don't go at all!

And for the last component that makes this 5th wheel life possible!.... The Tow Rig! I've had three dually's in the past and our HD 2500 just wouldn't cut it! I almost went for the new RAM 3500 but all my past experiences said otherwise!
And after the first few minutes to the end of a 3 hour drive!.... I am So thankful!

Spending 1/2 the cost of that new RAM, and getting So Much More! ... I just can't put into words how safe, secure, and confident I felt towing our new home!

M 2 Freightliner

And here's the first pic of the pair!

DBL Z is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum