Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #33
gatortomk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #7910
Headlight Replacement on 2018 Axis

The headlight assembly is different starting in MY 2018. So, here's how I fixed a broken headlight on my 2018 Axis...

Remove the three Nyloc nuts and fender washers from the attachment posts on the back of the chrome plated plastic bezel surrounding the headlight and turn signal. Don’t unplug the LED accent lights. Just tilt the assembly forward and down to uncover the stainless holding ring around the headlight. Remove the three screws holding the ring, but not the headlight frame adjusting screws. Slide the headlight out and unlatch/unplug the light bulb connector. Reverse the process to replace.
The headlight has VOR DOT SAE HR 01 HB5 NS-2214S molded into the lens, but appears to be the same Kaper II L01-0035 Clear 5 ¾” Headlight used on previous models. I paid $20.70 plus $1.45 tax and it was shipped for free with Amazon Prime to my mailbox in two days. (The dealer quoted $107 for the part plus ~$100+ for labor and could get to it in a month or two.) I was very happy to spend 20 minutes of my time replacing it and avoid a 100 mile round trip to the shop.
(Notes: Turning the wheel away from the side being repaired helped access the lower/outboard nut and the other two nuts were easy to reach from under the hood. Refit the LED wires carefully back thru the slots and don’t over tighten the nyloc nuts. The turn signal assembly just has two nuts holding it on from the back and doesn’t require removing the bezel for replacement. The fog light is an independent assembly.)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Broken Headlight Replacement on a 2018 Axis.pdf (2.39 MB, 172 views)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum