Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 07:31 AM   #36
PaulH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
How do Thor Axis/Vegas prices compare to European motorhomes there?
It's hard to compare as there are so few small RV's here and more small C's than small A's. We've had 2 large A's and, now 2 small A's, which are much easier to live with on our smaller roads, campsites etc. Price wise I find RV's much better value than EU motorhomes, very few of which have slide outs unless you want to go to the £200k/$240k budget. The build quality of most RV's seems to be worse than EU vehicles, although they can be substandard also, the first thing I do when I get a new (to me) RV is get a pack of zip ties and tie up all the loose cables etc., gey some mudflaps to imrove the spray suppression then get some Waxoil rust preventor and go around the underside. There is 1 dealership in England that brings in new Thor RV's and they have a Vegas 25.5 at £115k/$135k a lot of money compared to what you guys pay and a lot of that is import taxes and the cost to change to 230v and change the lights, but still good value
Personally, I wouldn't own anything other than an a US RV and, with the Vegas, Thor have overcome the main draw back in Europe ie. size.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum