Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 09:38 PM   #3120
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch S View Post
I'm looking at getting the hooks that are used by car haulers to tie down the new cars on the trailer. They fit in holes in the frame and just slip in and turn in holes in the frame.
'

I looked into that for the Mini and found that the hold down hooks were removed by the dealer during their delivery prep and replaced with rather hard to remove plugs. Plus they were located along the side rails and not in practical location for dolly safety chains. Plus it would be about $200 to get replacement hooks that I would have to remove every time I wanted to drive the car.

Hope you have better luck. I know a lot of other cars have permanent hold down hooks located at the front and rear. BWM engineers seem to be far too clever for themselves. This wasn't the first "advanced engineering feature" that I could have done without.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum