Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 10:33 PM   #1
fairfieldwizard

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Florida
THOR #11425
Dash AC blower fail

Hey all, left this morning for a ten day trip and found the dash AC blower won't come on in my 2014 Hurricane. It had been working intermittently but then this week it seemed to "heal itself". But now it doesn't work at all.

Stopped at a shop on the way out of town hoping a tech would have a mirror because chassis fuse panel is around a corner in the engine compartment.

Fuses checked out fine however... We unplugged the white plastic connector with about five wires that plug into fuse circuit board right next to blower fuse. We found the heavy red wire in that connector which we believe is the positive running to the blower motor. The plastic around that hole in connector is brown/black and slightly melted. Obviously a failure. We couldn't tell if the fuse board was burned at that spot or if it was just the connector.

I can see this is a big repair job... Might need parts and surely will take days to fix.

Now for my question... I believe the other end of that red wire goes through the chassis firewall and connects to the blower motor under the dash. Do any of you have an opinion on the possibility of my unplugging the red wire from the blower motor, and using a cigarette lighter adapter, connecting to the blower motor and plugging it into the lighter socket to at least make it run (naturally at the fastest speed). Even though the roof AC units are working fine, it's pretty unpleasant riding on those seats.

Sent from my SM-G965U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app

Sent from my SM-G965U using Thor RV Forum mobile app

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum