Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #22
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by RvEd View Post
Beau, just one thought on this? Unless you plan to run that one thing, and one thing only, I believe you have to add up all the things you may run at once and size the inverter to that. For example, I like to brew a cup of coffee, make a couple slices of toast and catch the morning news all at the same time. To do that, and only that, I would need at least 2000w.

Coffee Maker ..... 600w
Toaster ............. 750w
TV .................... 600w
Total ............... 1950w

Hope that helped?
As my coach came with an outside kitchen, it has a 1000 watt modified sine wave inverter. The inverter duplex receptacles are located at the TVs, over the frig (BOMB) and the outside kitchen. Our microwave draws 1400 watts and is on its own circuit breaker, The TVs draw 120 watts (LED/LCD). The outside frig draws 110 watts. I did add another circuit under the dinette for the portable ice maker as we use a great deal of ice here in Texas. It draws 400 watts. The interior kitchen circuits are on the GFCI circuit and not inverter powered. The inverter bypass is a 15 amp relay. The only time I dry camp is in a Walmart or Kroger parking lot and only for a couple hours. When I converted the coach for 30 amp service to 50 amps, the only additional 120 volt circuit was a 20 amp one for the bedroom A/C. I saw no need to enlarge the inverter or the generator. We don't drink coffee (strange people? )as it is bad for my blood pressure and I hate decaf.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum