Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 02:25 AM   #6
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Generally (always exceptions but..) unless the RV comes with a residential fridge - or outdoor kitchen with an electric only fridge - it doesn't come stock with an inverter...
Most systems can run from 12v and/or propane.
In my rig, only the TV's, Microwave, and AC (and of course the 110 outlets) can't...

RV Fridge, Water Heater, Furnace, all interior lights, radio, vent fans all run on 12v and/or propane.

Added a 12v TV, 12v fans, 12v USB chargers, and laptop adapter from 12v - and I can't remember the last time I used the small plug in inverter I carry.

Depending on what you want to run and for how long - you might be surprised at the battery size needed to support... Remember you will draw about 10x the amps to power a 110 device from 12v..

Watts = Volts * Amps... If volts are 1/10 - amps is 10x..
(and of course nothing is 100% efficient - so losses converting from DC to AC...)

The two batteries come in handy for multiple day trips (with limited genny running) - or as mentioned previously running the furnace - which back in December in Arkansas sucked down those 2 batteries quicker than I expected...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum