Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 04:56 AM   #65
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Yep help is appreciated by everyone
Help IS appreciated by everyone. My point was some people only like to shoot down theories and ideas. It was just bugging me when I try to encourage people to think outside the box and experiment to learn new things and somebody keeps jumping in basically saying we're all wasting our time.

For me it was simply a matter of conveying information in a way that leans more towards encouragement vs. discouragement. You can provide information or "help" in both ways. I just try to live in a positive place instead of the negative approach of telling people all the reasons why something shouldn't work.

Back on subject, the idea of an AC system "not lasting as long" because the temps are 10 degrees higher or lower is (IMHO) ridiculous. Believe me, DO NOT WORRY about taking years off the lifespan of your roof AC by doing something like moving your temp probe. How long IS the lifespan of a roof AC? Not trying to be a smart@ss, but the average lifespan of a roof AC is probably a lot longer than what most of us on this forum have left in US. There are way more things in life to worry about that are just a tad more important than how long your AC may or may not last.

I hate to go back to what I was trying to say about negative vs. positive help, but the comments about "reduced thermal efficiency" and "losing cooling capacity" are perfect examples of scaring people with "help". Are those statements fact? I honestly don't know or care. I do know that bringing up statements like that DO NOT encourage experimentation and innovation, they just instill fear and uncertainty in the people you're trying to help. A post like that is a Passive/Agressive way of saying "What you're trying to do is stupid and I'm going to come up with technical bs that makes you question what you're doing." Is that the kind of help you guys want?

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum