Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
New member.. Old guy ..vegas 24.1

NEW MEMBER, but not new to RV's...We just made the switch from a400hp Alpine diesel pusher, to a vegas 24.1....took a lot of time at the bargaining table with my Wife,.. she was dead set against the deal...but what happened was, I hated the Alpine.. tooo big...so I bought a born free built for two,..the alpine stayed home, and I went in the born free...the alpine only went 400 miles in over a year...so the first compromise was this;..find a coach with a bed, and not sleep on the jack sofa...

we bought a thor class C ..but kept the Alpine..and sold the born free,..Wife agree to at least try the coach for one outing.. We went for only 3 days...it had the rear corner bed...I lasted one night , the corner bed is just not big enough for two to sleep...I'd rather sleep in a tent...so we came back and sold the class C,, got real lucky because the person that bought the class C was ready to trade up to new and we took the born free trade in...so now back to zero...

months went by,..in and out of rv's… I have to find a small RV with a big bed... wife does not want a coach with out a sofa to lay on on trips... and she doesn't want to have to wake up from the sofa and go make the bed when I stop driving..she say's after she does that she's wide awake, and can't get back to sleep..

so now.... the want list is getting bigger...need a big bed that is ready to use, a sofa to lay on during trips, enough power to tow our off road trailer
and a bigger bath with separate shower...

So while out looking, I came across a 24.1 vegas… as I passed by, I noticed how far the rear tires stuck out..." is that on a E450 chassis?, I asked the salesman. "Yep, they started doing them that way a couple years back!..

they were asking 89k (on sale) and would beat anyones price...LOL..My offer was not taken... so I called Mike thompsons RV in colton, the beat everyones price and delivered it to vegas… another lol,..wife comes home and see's people inside her alpine... ("what they doing here") I say, they're buying it..no more lol....P. Oed is more like it.. I then tell her I bought a vegas 24.1,..delivered the next day...she went in the house while the people drove off in the alpine...:flow ers:

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum