Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #10
pstandiford

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
I had problems filling up the first time. I had purchased a 2.5 gallon container and it had a flex spout on it. But, more came out the nozzle than went into the tank. I checked and yep, the fill pipe went uphill. My solution was to go to O’Reily Auto Parts and purchase a funnel. The funnel has a twist valve at the bottom. However, the clear plastic tube was not very long. So, I went to Lowe’s and purchased a package of 1/2” ID clear plastic tubing. The package contained 10 feet. I stuck the tubing down the filler pipe as far as it would go (made sure to go past the low point of the filler tube) and than cut the tubing with enough to allow the funnel to be about 1 foot above the fill spout. I than took the clear plastic tubing off the bottom of the funnel and put the funnel on the new length of tubing stuck down the filler pipe. With the twist valve at the bottom I was able to regulate the flow of DEF into the filler. My wife would pour the DEF into the funnel and then I would open the twist valve and control the flow. It worked great. Here is a link to the funnel we used. Took a bit of time but with the twist valve I was able to make sure to regulate the flow to prevent any from coming back through the filler pipe.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...=Funnels&pos=1

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum