Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 06:29 PM   #17
Tom N3EQF

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
A couple of things I found with this same LCI leveler system:

1. In one of the outside storage compartments on my RV is the controller for the levelers, mounted to the ceiling of the compartment. (On my Windsport it's in the same compartment as the batteries). The original mounting was a little loose, so with vibration it had shifted position slightly. When the unit changes how level it is, that is the new "level" position for the levers. In my case it just took a little larger screws to tightly fasten the controller to the ceiling of the compartment. Then of course, you have to re-calibrate...

2. When you calibrate the level position, do it in as level a spot to park the RV as possible. Then, MANUALLY set to level position with a bubble level on the floor of your RV. What I discovered is that if you set the level calibration with your leveling jacks just high enough to take pressure off the tires, without lifting them up off the ground, the automatic leveling won't try to extend the jacks as much.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum