Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 03:10 PM   #37
BSexton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
Power seat base follow up

I wanted to post a follow up now that we have completed an 1800 mile migration from Atlanta to Utah with the new power seat bases installed.

The power seat bases made the trip much more comfortable. My passenger was able to sit in the passenger's seat much more of this trip. Without the power seat bases, he complained that he felt like he had to wedge himself in to the seat. He felt like he was constantly sliding forward and had to use his legs to push himself back in to the seat. Needless to say, that was tiring. We both found that the power seats allowed us to set it so that the back of the seat was lower. This was much more comfortable.

Also, the forward and back movement seems to be much greater with the power seat bases that it was with the manual slides.

A couple of notes, though. We did have to set the front all the way up and the back all the way down for a comfortable position. This means that there really wasn't any height adjustment.

When I installed the seat bases, I didn't reinstall a couple of ~1/2" spacers that were on the front of the seats. I figured we wouldn't need them since the power bases would allow for up and down movement. I think I'm going to go back and reinstall them.

The only real complaint I have left about the seats is that I need to figure out something for lumbar support. The pillows I've been using aren't very good. Oh well, back to Amazon to see if I can find something that will work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum