RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Two Power Inverters & AGS w/Residential Fridge?

I am looking to purchase a new Thor ACE 29.3 unit. Normally the model only comes with one 1000 Watt inverter Xantrex for the outside refrigerator, TVs and gas/electric refrigerator. But for this unit, Thor put in a residential refrigerator, a 2nd power inverter Xantrex, and a AGS Xantrex. While I kind of like that, I am concerned because both inverters have to be on the same bank of standard two 12 volt Worldwide batteries. My fear is that the way it is setup; I would basically be cutting the available amp hours in half. Since I have not bought yet many options still exist. Would you think I should draw a hard line to have Thor / RV Dealer double the battery capacity with two 6 Volts or similar, move on to a unit that has gas / electric refrigerator, or just accept it as it? I have rented RVs in the past and do expect to dry camp and boondock. But I do tend to think that if I can get 24 hours off the batteries; I probably will never have an issue with AGS having to kick on short the unexpected.

I worry mostly about quiet hours because most of the places I go do not like loud generators at night. This generator is Onan 5500. I have never heard it to know how loud it would be but assume, I shouldn't run at night regardless.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.