Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 11:21 AM   #36
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I've often been accused of being too blunt and honest...sometimes it's for the good...other times, not...but I sleep well. Several here say "it's no problem...we do it all the time...it's fun". I would like to hear from anyone here that's seriously and intentionally driven into a -20F situation with a plan to boondock for 3 days or more. I say boondocking because you must plan on failure of infrastructure (local power). I've winter camped before and in the snow...it's a blast. I've fought keeping campers thawed in +15F weather. For the supporters here...what is the coldest weather you've actually camped in with your motorhome or trailer that wasn't equipped with an "arctic package"? If you're suggesting he do this, back it up with personal experience and be specific. My Post #30 was somewhat sarcastic. If you really are planning this, call the local news or National Geographic...this would make a great story of survival. You are asking too many questions and following too many suggestions for me to believe you really know what you are doing or placing your family into. Good luck either way.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum