Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: AGS question
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #3
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I'm not sure how the firefly systems interacts with the AGS, but as on my Magnum ME-RC remote, I suggest doing the following check:

- press the AGS button
- scroll to AGS TECH section
- scroll to AGS MODE
- change from RV to 'OTHER'

Onan has this built-in 'protection', supposedly for RVs to comply with RVIA requirements, to automatically shut off the AGS if/when the generator is manually stopped, I suppose for the protection of technicians who may be working on the generator itself, to keep it from starting while they are working on it.
But, the 'OTHER' mode allows you to bypass this feature, which is actually what RVrs really want, when off-gridding. Even if you manually stop the generator during it's AGS run, or anytime otherwise, the AGS will REMAIN Enabled, and will continue to constantly monitor any of your AGS Settings, such as Voltage or Temperature.

Your AGS MODE setting may be set at this 'default' from the factory, and may be why you're experiencing these 'nuisance' disabling of the AGS...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum