Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #1
redshift

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maine
THOR #13246
Intermittent Chassis DC power.

I have a new to me 2017 Thor Axis. Yesterday it wouldn't start. No dc power at the dash, no lights, no relay clicking, everything dead. I did have the unit on shore power. Thought maybe it was a low chassis battery. Tried the emergency switch but still nothing at all. As I was hooking up a battery charger to the chassis battery I heard a relay connect, the headlights blinked, a chime rang. I jumped in the coach to try to start it but was too slow. Just as I turned the key the dc power dropped out again. I disconnected the shore power and then reconnected. I heard the relay again but power disappeared within a few seconds. I left the charger on for 20 minutes even though it was showing 100% charged. As I was disconnecting the charger the relay clicked and I was able to start the engine. Drove 50 miles yesterday and 50 today with a few successful restart. Hooked up to shore power and tried to plug in a small vacuum cleaner. For some reason this caused my shore power source to trip it's breaker. When shore power was lost I heard the under hood relay trip and loose DC to the chassis. I can't tell what relay is acting but the sound seems to be coming from the area of the BIM and the chassis fuse box. It seems that some power monitoring device is sensitive to electrical "tickles" or is operating close to it's switch point. The big power breakers have not tripped. Any ideas?? thanks kevin

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum