Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #1
demchesj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 35SK
State: Virginia
THOR #2515
New 2016 Four Winds 35SK Super C Owner

We're new Thor owners, but not new to RVing. We traded our Class A for the Super C - easier to work on. No more lifting the bed to get to anything and taking hours to work on it.

So far, we're only experiencing fit and finish issues like most new Thor owners. We need to go back to the dealer to replace the bathroom door and frame - not square; one kitchen cabinet door not square and the top kitchen drawer, not built correctly... it's not square and pulling the molding out because it isn't built right. We pulled some Styrofoam insulation from the A/C ducts. We also had to put in some weatherstripping along the automatic 'attic' fan - it was a terrible fit as you could see the roof, insulation etc in the gaps. Bathroom fan install/fit was just fine.

Yes, I know we spent a lot of money, and I wish it was better quality in the fit and finish. But, we're hoping that these minor annoyances are all that we have.

Some other points about the new 2016 - our F550 is an XL not an XLT as it's advertised by Thor; and we only have the two track (one on the top/one on the bottom) Schwintek slides - even though the 2016's are supposed to be the 3 TRAX system, ours is not. Probably not so important on the 35SK, since we don't have the WHOLE wall going out with a kitchen in it, but you may want to check before you buy. Also, we use slide supports under our slides to minimize movement and any possible cantilevering.

I'll update the post as we see anything else... installing shelf paper today before we move the stuff from the other coach back in

I just have one question so far for any other Super C F550 owners... I got two sets of privacy curtains, (yes two) - but how do I put them up? I don't see any Velcro fasteners anywhere in the cab so I can attach them. Any thoughts/suggestions or work arounds would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Julie and Keith

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum