Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Battery Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 01:32 AM   #27
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn57 View Post
I own a 2017 29.3 ACE and love it. So far after 2 years the batteries have held up quite well for us, I suspect since most of the time we keep they topped off on shore power and have kept the water levels correct. However, I've always heard it is best to go with 2 6V batteries in series since they will deliver more capacity that way, because 2 batteries would have just 6 cells between them instead of 12. There is also quite enough room for much wider batteries in the compartment, and I've even considered getting another 12V battery to place across 2 6V since it appears there would be room available.
I would love your opinion on below new thread, I just created.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...tml#post150415

I have heard similar about 6 volts batteries, but I think for the ACE 29.3 you are better off with 2 or 3 Group 31s. 2 Group 31s 12v are about the same as 2 6V deep cycle. I don't think you want to try to cross one 12v with two 6v. The 6volts are in series; so I thought you had to have 2 sets of 6volts in series then connected in parallel with each other? Since that unit does not have room for four 6 volts, I would go with 3 Group 31s for that unit.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum