Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #28
Nursx2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
I hate to say this for fear of jinxing it but the front LED light have worked fine. The lights to look at them have started to fade and crack just like the original ones but the lights all work - none burned out.

The awning light replacement lasted one weekend. ONE WEEKEND!!!

A 6 inch section burned out the second weekend we were out. Extremely disheartening!! These cost $55.00 to replace and I will not be spending that money to get the same crappy product. I will instead cut and splice the attaching plug and purchase a cheaper $15.00 set from eBay. I have these installed under the RV and, although they do not last more than a year, the price is much cheaper. They may not fit in the awning grove as well, but will be cheaper. Until carefree gets their shit together and increases the quality of the lights, or reduces the price, the cheaper LAD strips will be my go to replacement.

Darren
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum