Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 09:54 PM   #25
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Well, if anyone here has better substantiated data than Onan, Honda, and Champion publish for their equipment, let’s see it.

In my case my portable inverter generator burns exactly what is published by manufacturer. I have no reason to doubt manufacturer data measured with accurate instruments under controlled conditions.

Fuel consumption data is very clear and consistent across many manufacturers. You’d have to be nuts to ignore it all.

And please, before jumping into this crap, note we’re disagreeing between diesel inverter and gasoline inverter generators, not one of the cheaper 4,000 or 5,500 fixed-speed Onans. His diesel inverter generator is one of the most fuel efficient generators made for RVs. If he doesn’t want to use it, that’s his business, but don’t mislead others. That’s just wrong.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum