Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Not Yet
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
olesailor

Brand: Still Looking
State: Illinois
THOR #13918
Not Yet

Hello All
I have not yet purchased our Thor yet. After Months, and many models we found the one.
My wife wanted small to make it easier to drive, and less amount to clean.
I wanted functionality, and basement storage.
We decided the Thor Vegas 24.1 is it. Right now we are deciding new or used.
Many, many blogs, kindle books, and videos we are still on the fence.
One my big must have is Solar. We plan to do mostly boondock. Looking at the generator as for emergencies. I see so many steps from blogs, and videos.
Since I have been in Corporate IT many years since mainframe era. I am technically inclined but no my limitations. Found one kit that is pretty cut and dry from Grape Solar the 540W Kit even comes with a 1800 watt inverter.
The one question I have the integration with existing Vegas 24.1 power. The charging of the battery I got it. Its the connection to the transfer switch. Or this something that will need to be replaced. I have seen some solar installs has it combined with controller, inverter, transfer switch.
Well looking forward to the adventurers, and travels.
Still working my full-time office job, but becoming a full time RVer just working from remote.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum