Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Not Yet
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #11
olesailor

Brand: Still Looking
State: Illinois
THOR #13918
Yep that is a real smart move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I think you made a great choice. I was also looking or a used Axis when I first started looking. But we wanted a specific floor plan so it was near impossible to find what we wanted. Plus some of the used RV's were already showing wear and had funny smells to them. All of this forced us to purchase NEW and im glad we did.

If you purchase from the Dealer (well really anyone) shoot them a price about $10K below what they are asking (if new you should get 30 - 35% off of list priuce so keep that in mind when purchasing used ..... the previous owner might have only paid 70K new and is still asking for $65 .... take another 10K+ off of that at least).

Also with 540 watts of solar you mentioned (IMO) you really need to add 2 more battieries (so 4 total) to make use of it otherwise it just a waste of money. In a small RV like ours thier is not a lot of room so you might consider starting with 200 or 300 watts of solar for your TWO factory coach batteries first and see if they offer you enough juice for your needs.

This is what I plan on doing next year (or two). Thats something to think about before pulling out the big guns on solar for such a small RV.
That really is a great idea. Keep my first expenses down. Just looking at the infrastructure of it "controller, inverter, charger,transfer switch,monitors,,"
then keep the existing batteries with 300 watt panels. Adding/changing batteries, and panels would be the easier part. Yep the one kicker I already noticed in the Vegas 24.1 battery bay being under the stairs, doesn't leave much room adding a larger bank. I believe either may change to lithium or move to the compartment towards the front passenger side. Always fun looking at the so called Sears Wish Book.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum