Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 09:55 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
For towing a car you really only need to worry about the combined weight as there is little to no tongue weight.

Look up your GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating) for your chassis (for an E-350 this will be 18,500 lbs, for an E-450 it will be 22,000 lbs).

Now take your coach to a scale and weigh it (lets say your coach weighs in at 13,000 lbs).

Subtract that value from GCWR (in my example the difference is 5,500lbs for an E-350).

The amount you can tow is the lessor of that value or your hitch (since your hitch is only rated for 5,000 lbs in my example you could only tow 5,000 lbs).

Next take your Jeep to the scale and weigh it--just to know (I believe I've seen those on here listed as approx 4,000 lbs).

Finally, after you're all hooked up and ready to tow you can also weigh the whole kit and kabootle just to see if your math worked out.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum