Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #10
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Wow. Just wow.

I've often said that internet forums are 99% BS and 1% amazing. Ken you are clearly the 1% part. (I don't mean to say you're a "One Percenter", that's something totally different. haha.) I actually try to stay away from forums in general because I'm one of those guys that's often misunderstood or the target of trolls. I think I even had that happen on here? But it's my obsession with sharing my knowledge that keeps me coming back. I truly believe knowledge is worthless if you keep it to yourself. So Ken, thank you SO MUCH for understanding what I was trying to convey and getting the proper feel of my post. It was sincere and I responded because I cared. I literally told my wife about your post and she said "I know you responded, because how could you NOT respond?". She knows me pretty well after 35 years.

Blah blah blah, yeah whatever. lol. Ok so don't worry, I'll give you all the help I can! After all, you are the ONLY other person I've ever heard of that can also say they worked on an Indy pit crew! WTH? I got to help out on one during the '78 and '79 500 races, I was the guy they'd throw wheels to and I'd get tools over the wall when they needed them on the car. It was an amazing experience, as you well know.

I'll put together a list of part numbers and sources (mostly Amazon) for the suspension stuff you'll need. I'm happy to hear you're going to do that stuff, it makes a HUGE difference in safety. What end of California are you in? I'm in the SF Bay Area between Facebook and Google. I have a feeling we'll be meeting face to face in the future whatever end of the state you live in.

Congrats on the purchase!!! It will be an amazing experience for both of you.

John

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum