Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 12:52 AM   #71
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdoughe963 View Post
Friend had a problem with ford drive train blowing transmission fluid out the pressure relief valve, Ford replace the torque converter, happen again, guy threw a fit with Ford and wanted a new tranny, Ford read the engine info and said he had been towing and did not have the "tow haul" mode engaged, guy said its only a 2 door corolla no need for tow haul mode, FORD SAID "warranty voided", just a heads up, Ford is tough on warranty claims that are costly.
I hate to say it but this situation most likely had NOTHING to do with Ford and everything to do with your friend and the service manager or dealership staff.

My quote from my post #30 in this thread...

Quote:
Again the flipside is if you walk in demanding a free transmission be installed that afternoon, chances are they'll tell you to jump in a lake.

And many lolz to what they told him about being able to "read" that he had been towing and didn't have the tow-haul mode engaged. haha. I could tell you a few dozen equally ridiculous stories that I've heard service managers or service writers tell customers.

BTW, what did your friend end up doing?

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum