Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 03:30 PM   #44
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by sab3864 View Post
So no one has issue with 1500 watt heaters? I have Ace with 30 amp service and we have an electric griddle (https://www.gopresto.com/product/pre...-handles-07061) that says it is 1500 watt and both times we used it it tripped breakers. 1st time it tripped the breaker on the camp pedestal, we had the AC on so I thought it was too much. 2nd time (at different campground) it tripped the main breaker in the camper. Pretty positive this time we turned AC off first. So when we started looking at a heater I was worried about a 1500 watt. Volts/Watts/Amps are not my strong point.
You really have to be careful on the 30 amp service and the coach configuration finding the sweet spot to be able to use them. Remember that well back in the day. Burned out a few 30 plugs for darn sure in the learning process. Many folks opt to run an extension cord from the 20 amp plug especially for the heater. I think that is your best option. Find a place where you can pig tail it in and then all you have to do is connect from the outside.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum